Odometer readings on new cars

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
My 21 GT/CS had 26 miles on it. Kind of pissed me off since I ordered it from factory. It was delivered on a Thursday and I wasn’t able to pick up until Monday. Someone had a good time.
I want to point out for anyone reading through this thread since I did work at a ford dealership recently. Techs are actually SUPPOSED to put 10 miles on the vehicles, which typically most of them don’t, for the road test on the PDI of the vehicle. I know higher end vehicles like the GT 350/500 probably just pulled into the shop to do whatever stuff was needed then to the show room on those.

Wanted to also note cause I read a post about the transport mode that this mode does indeed still record any miles driven on the vehicle prior to it being disabled.

I think my Mach 1 had less than 10 miles on it or shortly over when I took delivery. Put a few miles on it for a short test drive which was the day prior to me picking it up. I’d have to look back at my odometer sold reading. Can’t believe I don’t remember that actually. I think I still had a little bit of shock in my system as this was my very first Mustang purchase and have been wanting one for at least the last decade but was never able to afford one so the odometer was one of the last things on my mind at the time.
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
9 miles on a brand new 2019 PP2. Maybe they needed extra drive time setting to the suspension. 🤔

Blueflame1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT/CS Convertible, Atlas Blue
Lucky guy !!! I'm envious and curious .. Who did you have to kill to get your hands on a '22 GT ?
Hope you enjoy it my friend !!!! ..junqdawg
I had ordered the car in early December and figured it would be sometime in April based on what I was reading that the factory had a 3 week planned shut down, the chip shortages and even the Canadian Trucker Freedom protest blocking bridges/parts from Canada. Then I get a call one evening that the car was delivered to dealership. I was there early the next morning to beat the upcoming snow storm starting later that day. Also didn't want to then wait another 3 days for roads to get cleared and in the meantime the risk of other customers checking it out at the dealership. Hands off buddy, that's mine !!!

Last week I ceramic coated it and tomorrow the temperature is supposed to be 70 degrees. Finally I can put the top down for the first time and log some miles on it. Up to now only 98 miles driven around trying to avoid snowmelt puddles and salt crap still on the roads. We had some good rain downpours on Friday and Saturday so the salt BS should all be gone. :)

Sponsored

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
GOD . I can't believe how fortunate we are in Texas . I cringe to think about driving in "ROAD SALT "
I know its necessary in YOUR PART OF THE WORLD or Ya'll would be stuck @ home most Winter days . Here , It could be Sleet/Snow in Pan-Handle Northern most part of Tx .where they do use a salt mixture of sorts , the folks up there know more than me on that subject . While SPRING BREAK IN GALVESTON AND PADRE ISLAND IS COVERED WITH MOSTLY "UNCLOTHED" CO-EDS " Looking for ACTION !!!... ONLY SALT THERE IS IN THE GULF OF MEXICO .......Keep her Clean and enjoy the "TOP-DOWN" season just around the corner . If you were lucky enough to get to Spring Break on Gulf Coast with THAT RIDE , Well, ......Let's just let our imagination take over . junqdawg ..

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I ordered two Mustangs, one came with 9 miles one came with 7.

17Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2013 4Runner, 2015 BMW 328i
Most cars I see come off a truck is about 4 miles. The dealer may put a mile or two on to fill it up and go through PDI. If it’s over 10 miles it has definitely been on a test drive or the the General Manager took it home for the night.

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
3 before test drive, 7 when purchase papers were signed. Special order.

Sponsored

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
My 2015 arrived at the dealership on 10/24/14 with 44 miles on it. I figured since it was so early in production it got a bit more of a shakedown than others.

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT/CS Vert-'18 Volvo XC60-16" MKC
My car had 3 miles when it was off loaded from the car carrier (I was at the dealership). When I picked it up 2 days later, mileage was 5.3. The salesperson drove it to the gas station to give me a full tank!!
Sponsored