Sponsored

Last edited:

Eraz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ahhhhhh Im glad you posted so im not the only one!! lol

It bugged me for weeks in my car but i just figured this out yesterday. Make sure the ac/heater fan is off. then turn the car off an see if you still hear it. In mine when the air/heater was not running when i turned the car off I didnt hear the noise.

I have not yet taken to dealer to fix, but im 99% sure its just the blower fan for the climate control.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Its just the Turbo still spinning after its shut off... its just winding down!! Thats what it sounds like to me.. hard to say not being there in person!

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
LOL Wow , its crazy you posted this.

So , the other day I was running a specific tune where the tuner configured the rad fans to kick on early for heat safety purposes. While at idle I would hear the fans on high and shut the car off and I would hear the EXACT same sound in your video.

Reflashed it back to stock and not one problem. Had the tuner adjust the fan speeds to stock and still no sound. Its related to your fans. In my opinion when the fans are at a high speed and then its all of a sudden stopped its causing the noise in the bearing or something as typically your fans wont be running max all the time. I would say its completely normal. But if its making the noise when the fans arent on high you possibly have a problem.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would hear the fans on high and shut the car off and I would hear the EXACT same sound in your video.
Ahhhhhh Im glad you posted so im not the only one!! lol
Anyone know what this sound is? I'm guessing it's the radiator fan, but I'm no car expert.
Hey guys,

If this is a persistent issue, I recommend checking in with your local Ford Dealer: FIND ONE HERE If you do, let me know so I can look into options on my end to assist while there. :thumbsup:

Jeff

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the same issue. The dealership told me its normal.
You’re welcome to get a second opinion at a different Ford Dealer, Island_Rebelz670. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for your area.

Hey Jeff. I've been away from a while due to the car accident. The Repair Shop had to replace that whole area (Radiator) and the good news is that I no longer have that issue.

Thanks though.
Thank you for the update, Guio! I’m here if you need me.

Deysha

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
How did you get red lighting around your gauges?

Sponsored

Nashley428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost/1967 "Eleanor"
I have had this same issue as well...only it happened three times in a row. The first time one of my buddies heard it and pointed it out although I hadn't heard it. Then the next time I shut off my car I heard it. Later that day I heard it one more time. I haven't heard it since, it has been about a week. My thoughts were that it was the turbo but I am not 100% on that. I don't want to take to dealer if I cannot get sound to replicate. What should I do?

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
LOL Wow , its crazy you posted this.

So , the other day I was running a specific tune where the tuner configured the rad fans to kick on early for heat safety purposes. While at idle I would hear the fans on high and shut the car off and I would hear the EXACT same sound in your video.

Reflashed it back to stock and not one problem. Had the tuner adjust the fan speeds to stock and still no sound. Its related to your fans. In my opinion when the fans are at a high speed and then its all of a sudden stopped its causing the noise in the bearing or something as typically your fans wont be running max all the time. I would say its completely normal. But if its making the noise when the fans arent on high you possibly have a problem.
I also had my tuner (Lund) first give me the modified fans tune, but had him turn that off and put them back to stock just because I found it annoying and since I don't race this car then I don't really need that feature.

I have had this same issue as well...only it happened three times in a row. The first time one of my buddies heard it and pointed it out although I hadn't heard it. Then the next time I shut off my car I heard it. Later that day I heard it one more time. I haven't heard it since, it has been about a week. My thoughts were that it was the turbo but I am not 100% on that. I don't want to take to dealer if I cannot get sound to replicate. What should I do?
This is happening to me too, though not quite as "grindy" of a sound. Even with the stock fans tune. I have a GT so no turbos! Mine just squeals like an old motor or pulley. I can replicate by putting the AC on and shutting the car off once the fans kick on. I have a video too:

[ame]

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I know this is an old thread but just noticed this on mine, did anyone's noise either go away or did anyone go to the dealership to get it addressed? If yes, what's the process for it?

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I know this is an old thread but just noticed this on mine, did anyone's noise either go away or did anyone go to the dealership to get it addressed? If yes, what's the process for it?
I haven't addressed it yet for mine. She's parked for the winter so I'll probably take her into the dealer in the spring. It seems from other folks on here that the dealer will replace the fan motor with no issues. I'm still curious it is a quality issue if it has been addressed with the supplier and fixed, or if I get a new fan motor put in is it going to have the same issue in 6 months or so?

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I haven't addressed it yet for mine. She's parked for the winter so I'll probably take her into the dealer in the spring. It seems from other folks on here that the dealer will replace the fan motor with no issues. I'm still curious it is a quality issue if it has been addressed with the supplier and fixed, or if I get a new fan motor put in is it going to have the same issue in 6 months or so?
I hope not, I've only had the car for about 3 weeks and it has started doing this
Sponsored