Sponsored

October in Colorado

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 21 Exploder ST, 00 Excursion v10
Anyone wanna chime in on expected weather concerns if traveling from NORCO on 25 down through Denver all the way to the 40 in late October? Not familiar with the weather here yet and tryin to decide if it’s worth the risk to drive the Mach 1 for my trip this year. The whole trip is down to Orlando, Fl for a week then back.
Sponsored

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Lived here in the Colorado Springs area for the past 35 years. Generally it should be nice, but mid-October and November can bring some really heavy, wet snows along the I-25 corridor. I’ve seen 2-3 feet of snow in late-October and blizzard conditions. Happens when we get a LOW center over Albuquerque and moving slowly — moisture from the SW and cold air from the NW = SNOW! But that is not the norm. Flexibility will be important just in case.
Anyone wanna chime in on expected weather concerns if traveling from NORCO on 25 down through Denver all the way to the 40 in late October? Not familiar with the weather here yet and tryin to decide if it’s worth the risk to drive the Mach 1 for my trip this year. The whole trip is down to Orlando, Fl for a week then back.

OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 21 Exploder ST, 00 Excursion v10
Lived here in the Colorado Springs area for the past 35 years. Generally it should be nice, but mid-October and November can bring some really heavy, wet snows along the I-25 corridor. I’ve seen 2-3 feet of snow in late-October and blizzard conditions. Happens when we get a LOW center over Albuquerque and moving slowly — moisture from the SW and cold air from the NW = SNOW! But that is not the norm. Flexibility will be important just in case.
That’s good to know! Guess I’ll just be watching the weather when it’s closer to the travel dates. Would really like to take the Mach on that trip, just afraid to hit snow that far away from home.

BrokenVet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was born, raised, and have spent most of my 55 years in the Colorado Springs area, and I wouldn't hesitate to plan a trip with the Mustang in October. The only October blizzard that I can think of was in 1997. Just watch the forecast like you mentioned, but odds are that the weather will be great. Plan to take the Mach, and have a great trip.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Agree!
I was born, raised, and have spent most of my 55 years in the Colorado Springs area, and I wouldn't hesitate to plan a trip with the Mustang in October. The only October blizzard that I can think of was in 1997. Just watch the forecast like you mentioned, but odds are that the weather will be great. Plan to take the Mach, and have a great trip.
Sponsored