Sponsored

Occasional "Rock Hitting Glass Sound" when starting to move

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I got this sometimes in my GT350. I always thought it had to do with the front windshield, but it could easily be the rear as well, or from somewhere else in the body. It would be a single loud sound and then no more.
Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Are there any newer (last 5 years or so) vehicles that have "weatherstripping" around the windshield?

I haven't looked specifically, but I'm pretty sure that died years ago.
I hadn't shopped for a new car in over 10 years so yah that's probably dead, they probably figured out some really good glue and got rid of enough body flex. Still it looks odd to me, just a bare windshield laid on bare metal. It looks "unfinished" to me, with nothing covering the "seam".

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I hadn't shopped for a new car in over 10 years so yah that's probably dead, they probably figured out some really good glue and got rid of enough body flex. Still it looks odd to me, just a bare windshield laid on bare metal. It looks "unfinished" to me, with nothing covering the "seam".
Nope, at least not until that "seam" starts filling up with random shit like pine needles, road debris, dirt etc. Even hitting it dead-on with a hose can't get some of that stuff out. Usually wind up shoving a zip-tie in there to get it out. Been tempted to fill it but I'd probably f it up.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Nope, at least not until that "seam" starts filling up with random shit like pine needles, road debris, dirt etc. Even hitting it dead-on with a hose can't get some of that stuff out. Usually wind up shoving a zip-tie in there to get it out. Been tempted to fill it but I'd probably f it up.
Yeah, keeping it clean is a good idea. I washed my fiance's grandmothers car a few weeks ago, her rear window is like ours(and the windshield) all kinds of dirt/grime/pollen/mildew came out of there. UGH. But if it doesn't get bad, it should never be a problem. If you never wash your car with a eye for detail, it'll probably get gross.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Like many have said. It's likely the plastics settling while driving. I hear it a lot as well.
Sponsored