OBD still reading ”not ready” I have tried everything

Discussion in 'Forced Induction - 5.0L V8 Engine' started by Tomlouns, May 19, 2019.

1. jabrax

jabrax Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 ruby red PP GT
    0   0   0
    Yup, definitely less than 50. Two outings if I recall. I did some of the things described in the drive cycle like steady throttle on the highway, driving in traffic. The Fuel and evap were the last to set. I went out at 4am to have to streets to myself to set them doing the targeted drive cycles for them. I think the evap has to set in the first 30 mins after car as been setting

2. jabrax

jabrax Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 ruby red PP GT
    0   0   0
    Something I didn't think about until after. Did you remove the whole procharger setup, or just the stage 2 belt and put the stock tune on. I was wonder if that would work?

3. Racemaster

Racemaster Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
    0   0   0
    Not to hijack the thread,but figured I would post up my findings.
    Thursday night out of frustration I reloaded the ford racing tune.
    Drove to my shop friday,20 miles,and back home another 20.It set 4 out of the 8.
    This morning I went and put fuel in it to a little over 3/4 of a tank.Drove up and down the highway maybe another 10 miles.
    2 more set.All that was left were the O2 and HO2.Drove down to my shop again which is near my inspection guy.Didn't set.
    Let it cool about an hour and half,still nothing.Drove up and down the highway 1 more time,maybe 10 miles and BOOM.All green.
    So all in all 75 miles,maybe 80.What I am not sure of is how many key cycles it needs,or does it need to fully cool down.
    Put the new sticker on and then reloaded the PBD tune back in.
    I know Rob has tried to help us,but I can't be jerking around with this everyday hoping something will work.My tag was up.

4. Bartly

Bartly Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Nice, thanks again for the info. I should say thanks again again, lol, I think I’ve asked you the same question before when you first got it passing. Anyway, that’s great to hear anyway. As far as going back to stock, I pulled everything as I had to take
    It in to their Inspection lab for a full inspection (think guys with clip boards) due to failing the way I did (all the monitors were greyed out). I also have been wondering about just pulling the belt, probably would have to change back to stock injectors too, would think the stock tune wouldn’t play nice with the larger injectors.

jabrax likes this.