tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
So I was ferreting around in the driver's footwell trying to get the fusebox cover off to have a look at the fuses for my dashcam when I noticed this next to the steering column.

There's a stud coming through the firewall but no nut on the end of it...

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that but could one of you guys check yours and let me know please? :shrug:

Ford QC strikes again or is it just where something is mounted on LHD cars??
WP_20160719_21_43_08_Pro.jpg
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Can't say I know where you're on about, however, just get a nut and put it on if you're worried?? Might just be me - I can go out and look when I have some time if I know where exactly this is...

OP
OP
tooley

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Can't say I know where you're on about, however, just get a nut and put it on if you're worried?? Might just be me - I can go out and look when I have some time if I know where exactly this is...
Cheers Manders. 2000 miles in already and nothing fallen off so I don't think it's terminal but just curious. Its in the driver's footwell - the thing on the right is the steering column going through the bulkhead

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Audi A5, Mitsibushi L200
I have something bolted onto it.
Will try & work out what it is in the morning
image.jpg

OP
OP
tooley

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
I have something bolted onto it.
Will try & work out what it is in the morning
Aha, cheers. It could be the clutch / clutch spring anchor point. Mine's an Auto :doh:

Sponsored

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Audi A5, Mitsibushi L200
Just back in from checking - it is the Clutch Mount.
Was gonna ask if yours was an Auto!! :headbonk:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
#CrisisAverted

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
So I was ferreting around in the driver's footwell trying to get the fusebox cover off to have a look at the fuses for my dashcam when I noticed this next to the steering column.

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that but could one of you guys check yours and let me know please? :shrug:

Is it just me, or does it look like there was a clutch mounting bolted on to there that's been taken off?

Funnily enough I too was ferreting around the interior of my car when I noticed something under the passenger seat. Turned out to be a bonnet release lever. Checked in the passenger foot well and mine was still attached, so it seems like the good folk at Flat Rock were keen to ensure that I have a spare ..... just in case the bonnet release lever thief strikes in the UK! :D

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

Did you not notice the other stud I can see further up in your picture? lol

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Is it just me, or does it look like there was a clutch mounting bolted on to there that's been taken off?

Funnily enough I too was ferreting around the interior of my car when I noticed something under the passenger seat. Turned out to be a bonnet release lever. Checked in the passenger foot well and mine was still attached, so it seems like the good folk at Flat Rock were keen to ensure that I have a spare ..... just in case the bonnet release lever thief strikes in the UK! :D
:lol:

I try not to do too much ferreting as the "quality finish" just depresses me ;)

Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
:lol:

I try not to do too much ferreting as the "quality finish" just depresses me ;)
Yes agreed. Here's a 'top tip' to avoid the inconvenient truth; I try to do most of my ferreting without my contact lenses in .... the 'quality' doesn't look too bad when everything is just a blur! :D

OP
OP
tooley

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Did you not notice the other stud I can see further up in your picture? lol
If I'm honest I only noticed the other one when I was looking at the photo :D

In my defence I did chose to do the job on the hottest day of the year and it was still 28 degrees and getting dark by the time I'd finished :crazy:

OP
OP
tooley

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto

I don't think there was ever a bolt on it - no sign of any thread damage up close. Also, the way the expertly trimmed carpet doesn't have any dents in it from being compressed.

BTW, I think Stevie Wonder has moved on from undersealing and is now doing the carpets with a tub of copydex and a fish slice.