Sponsored

nurburgring new lap record 5:19.54

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I actually like this kind of stuff being posted in the GT350 forum for the simple fact that many of us are interested in these kinds of things but only stay in the GT350 section. I wouldn't notice it in other parts of the forum.
You should venture out of this section more often then, you don't know what you're missing. There is an entire section for road course racing here even.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forums/road-course-track-autocross-hpde.197/
Sponsored

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Black Stripes
Latest one for the 919 tribute in California...

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
There's a pretty cool article on this in the current issue of Automobile, comparing and contrasting it with Stefan Bellof's record set back in 1983 with the 956.

Insanity now, but almost even more insane then given the changes in technology. Big balls indeed.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Lol same happened to me...he was like “you ok man?” And i was like hell yeah i’m Just soaking it all in. Didn’t understand how he did it in sport mode without setting off the nannies!
The GT350 nannies are very, very well-calibrated. Basically if you're getting them to kick-in while in Sport/Track, you're almost certainly over the line. In my GT I prefer everything off, but that's because they're so intrusive and in a bad way.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
The GT350 nannies are very, very well-calibrated. Basically if you're getting them to kick-in while in Sport/Track, you're almost certainly over the line. In my GT I prefer everything off, but that's because they're so intrusive and in a bad way.
i didn't know how good they were until he drove. my slow ass could set them off, he went around at light speed and the car didn't feel like it helped him at all. i asked what mode he had it in because i legitimately thought he turned them all off...nope, he was just that good

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Thanks for sharing! Who needs coffee after watching this? What an adrenaline rush.
I've been watching the evolution of the 919 and it's amazing how many records it has broken so far. More info on the specs of the car and the track record at Spa-Francorchamps below... And yes, it is faster than an F1 car!!! :shock:

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/mot...hamps-track-record-drive-neel-jani-15184.html
F1 took back the record this year with a 1:41.501 (Vettel) vs 1:41.770 for the 919.
Sponsored