Sponsored

NT555R's for Street Use or M/T Street Comps?

justbrewme1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
I'm needing to choose new tires for some Forgestar F14's 20x11, tire size I'm looking for is 305/35's.

I was thinking about Nitto Nt555r's or Mickey Thompson Street Comps.

(Fronts would be Nitto Extreme G2's or M/T Street Comps)

I'm just wondering what you guys think about running a D/R on the street for daily driving?

I live in FL and we do get some decent rain here. Is a D/R going to be sketchy in the wet or should I go with M/T's or another option. Just seems like I'm limited with this tire size on my choices.
Sponsored

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
I'm needing to choose new tires for some Forgestar F14's 20x11, tire size I'm looking for is 305/35's.

I was thinking about Nitto Nt555r's or Mickey Thompson Street Comps.

(Fronts would be Nitto Extreme G2's or M/T Street Comps)

I'm just wondering what you guys think about running a D/R on the street for daily driving?

I live in FL and we do get some decent rain here. Is a D/R going to be sketchy in the wet or should I go with M/T's or another option. Just seems like I'm limited with this tire size on my choices.
I think you know the answer to this question. Anything that's a drag radial will be super sketchy in rain.

OP
OP

justbrewme1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I was thinking, I'm still N/A and not making big power so I was just curious on people's experiences with them.

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
That's what I was thinking, I'm still N/A and not making big power so I was just curious on people's experiences with them.
I run Nt05r's and I got caught in the rain and it was pretty treacherous. I started to hydroplane just doing like 40 with a bit of water on the road. The 555r's don't have that much more tread so you'd probably be in the same boat.

Doesn't really matter what kind of power you're making.

OP
OP

justbrewme1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks that definitely helps with my decision.

Sponsored

GotNotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Z71
If you want a tire that has traction close to the drag radial but also has decent wet traction you might also consider the Toyo R888.

OP
OP

justbrewme1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Toyo's are great tires but they unfortunately don't make them in the sizes I'm looking for.