Sponsored

NOW AVAILABLE- Steeda's S550 Mustang Front Control Arm Bearing Kit (15-19)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

Steeda is happy to announce the release of our Mustang Front Control Arm Bearing Kit!

Our Steeda S550 Mustang Front Control Arm Bearing Kit eliminates deflection of the factory bushing which is extremely important in any performance application.

Deflection in the factory bushings can cause all sorts of negative handling effects and geometry changes. You will notice increased chassis responsiveness upon installing Steeda’s Front Control Arm spherical bearings. Our spherical bearings stop your S550 from front end toe and caster changes during launching and braking. We use high-precision custom Teflon-lined bearings to ensure smooth operation and prevent bind.

This also increases the bearing's life and minimizes the need for it to be replaced. The spherical bearings design unlike most, will not increase NVH whatsoever so you are able to maintain factory ride quality. The high articulation spacers allow the spherical bearing to fully articulate and never bind. They are the highest articulation spacers on the market. 360-degree Spirolox retaining rings hold the bearing in place inside the housing and, once installed, the housing inside the control arm.

Manufactured in our state of the art engineering facility in Valdosta, GA, the bearing housing is made from 6061-T6 aluminum and the spacers are made from 1018 steel, which is nickel-plated to prevent corrosion. Steeda even went the extra mile and included a 3 piece install and removal tool kit for making this job a breeze for the do-it-yourselfer with access to a press. Drag and Road Course tested, you will feel confident installing these on the front of your S550.

Product Benefits:

- Reduced deflection
- Reduces alignment change under loads
- Creates more predictable handling
- Billet aluminum housing and custom 1” Teflon lined spherical bearing
- Billet Steel Nickel Plated High articulation spacer
- NO NVH added!
- Lighter in weight than factory rubber bushing
- Highest articulation spacers for NO knocking with extreme suspension angles
- Removes the bind in the suspension to allow it to move freely
- 360-degree Spiralox retaining ring is stronger and offers more retention coverage than the competition
- Industry Exclusive billet aluminum installation and removal tools included
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime warranty

555-4128-2.jpg

555-4128-4.jpg

555-4128-1.jpg

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Awesome! How does the removal/install tool work? Is it a threaded rod type deal?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the dumb questions...

So I am still struggling with the S550 front suspension terminology, pardon me if it sounds like I am beating a dead horse. This time, I'm using a picture. My understanding so far (I may be wrong but that is why I'm asking).

• C is a bearing on the PP cars but is a bushing on the non-PP cars
  • A and B are identical on non-PP cars and PP cars
  • This is a replacement for either B or D

I'm a non-PP car that is looking to replace the lower control arm with a PP control arm in the future since I have been told what I have is different than the PP lower control arm. I'm wondering if this saves me the trouble of replacing my non-PP lower control arm or if this is an additional upgrade in addition to replacing the lower control arm.
Front suspension control arms.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I am still struggling with the S550 front suspension terminology, pardon me if it sounds like I am beating a dead horse. This time, I'm using a picture. My understanding so far (I may be wrong but that is why I'm asking).

• C is a bearing on the PP cars but is a bushing on the non-PP cars
  • A and B are identical on non-PP cars and PP cars
  • This is a replacement for either B or D

I'm a non-PP car that is looking to replace the lower control arm with a PP control arm in the future since I have been told what I have is different than the PP lower control arm. I'm wondering if this saves me the trouble of replacing my non-PP lower control arm or if this is an additional upgrade in addition to replacing the lower control arm.
This is the information I have received from our team:

Not C - A is a bearing on the PP cars but is a bushing on the non-PP cars

Not A & B, C, D, and B are identical on non-PP cars and PP cars

This is a replacement for either B or D (Neither. It is a replacement for C.)

Arm AB is different in PP vs non-PP and Arm CD is the same, just with the brake deflector

TJ

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! How does the removal/install tool work? Is it a threaded rod type deal?
No it’s not a threaded rod deal.

A hydraulic press is still needed for removal/install of the bearing assembly.

These tools support the bottom and top of the assembly to help press the bearing in and out a breeze.

There are install and removal tools included.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

Arm AB is different in PP vs non-PP and Arm CD is the same, just with the brake deflector

TJ
Thank you for the response TJ! I had to reread your response three times to make sure I understood it. Let me clarify to make sure (correct me if I am wrong):
  • A is a bearing on PP cars, bushing on non-PP cars
  • B, C, and D are identical on PP and non-PP cars
  • This replaces C with a bearing similar to how A is connected.
Some follow up questions:
  1. How is arm AB different (aside from the aforementioned bearing/bushing difference explained above)?
  2. Also, I'm wondering how this upgrade would work on a non-PP if you kept A as a bushing.
  3. Would this fit in A for non-PP cars?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the response TJ! I had to reread your response three times to make sure I understood it. Let me clarify to make sure (correct me if I am wrong):
  • A is a bearing on PP cars, bushing on non-PP cars
  • B, C, and D are identical on PP and non-PP cars
  • This replaces C with a bearing similar to how A is connected.
Some follow up questions:
  1. How is arm AB different (aside from the aforementioned bearing/bushing difference explained above)?
  2. Also, I'm wondering how this upgrade would work on a non-PP if you kept A as a bushing.
  3. Would this fit in A for non-PP cars?
Point A on the PP car is a spherical bearing. That is the difference. I would seriously consider upgrading to the rearward arms from the PP to get the bearing there if you're going to do point C here. Ford felt it worthwhile enough to include it on the PP and take the cost hit. It's significant enough.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

TJ
This is like one of those riddles on an aptitude test you take in high school.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How is arm AB different (aside from the aforementioned bearing/bushing difference explained above)? - Cast arm that is not welded and pieced together.

Also, I'm wondering how this upgrade would work on a non-PP if you kept A as a bushing. – Would not recommend leaving that a bushing, but if it were there would be no adverse effects.

Upgrading to the PP arm (like BmacIL suggested) is the best bet.

Would this fit in A for non-PP cars? – No. The bearing housing will not fit.

Hopefully, the red makes it slightly easier!

TJ

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully, the red makes it slightly easier!

TJ
Sure did! Thank you very much TJ, appreciate the quick responses on these question. Look forward to seeing one of these soon :)

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My install:

[ame]

Fumbled my way through it like a dunce, but I got it done. With a properly-sized press cup to collect the bearing, this would take far less time.

Very, very happy with the results. Car feels like it has lost a great deal of the numb and delayed steering response, I get favorable feedback through the steering wheel, no clunks or vibrations or odd noises added to the NVH-factor.

In this video I press out the old bushing, press in the new bearing, and install in the car. It's not my best video production, but... you'll get the idea.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Has anyone else installed these on location C on the PP cars (assuming this is tension arm?) - just these, not the upgraded control arms, other suspension mods at the same time.

I am def looking to improve steering response and feel - Impressions from [MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION] seem favorable and I'm thinking about springing for these. Steeda does not mention improvements in feel in their description.

My quest (so far incredible successful) to build a superb drivers car continues!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Few people in my Mustang club have since I did mine. They all are road course types like me and like the setup a lot. Just anticipate some new NVH on garbagy road surface - that's what I've found since I made that video. Doesn't bother me much. I drove to Chicago in a snow storm with these and it was fine. Otherwise, it's pretty much smooth. Steering feel is great with these, even though an electronic system.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Few people in my Mustang club have since I did mine. They all are road course types like me and like the setup a lot. Just anticipate some new NVH on garbagy road surface - that's what I've found since I made that video. Doesn't bother me much. I drove to Chicago in a snow storm with these and it was fine. Otherwise, it's pretty much smooth. Steering feel is great with these, even though an electronic system.
Can you describe what you mean?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
When the road is very rough (crumbled, lots of harsh edges) you know about it more than if you left a big rubber bushing in there. All to be expected. Primarily the H. It's typically very brief and I take my car through downtown Atlanta often... rarely do I notice. Why anyone would anticipate zero NVH change after adding a BEARING in place of a BUSHING is beyond me, haha.
Sponsored