Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
A huge chunk of those manufacturing jobs are due to the automotive strike ending, not new jobs.
Retail jobs are likely due to hiring on for the holiday season. Will probably drop off in Jan/Feb reports.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Almost double the predicted increase in jobs.

And lots of lefties have been saying a recession is due. They've been saying it for more than a year now - while we experience good growth. I guess they really don't understand how our economy works.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Yup. Employment figures were a helpful metric decades ago when the lion's share of full-time jobs provided a living wage. Those times are long gone. Now people have to work far more than they did even just 20 years ago to make ends meet. Americans don't have an employment/productivity problem. We have a getting paid problem.

For instance, if you look at the quality of jobs, they're approaching 2008 recession levels in addition to being at a thirty-year low. https://qz.com/1752676/the-job-quality-index-is-the-economic-indicator-weve-been-missing/

But hey I'm sure these numbers aren't inflated because the GM strike ended in October or anything. Also, like the above poster said holiday jobs, but I'm 99% sure those aren't calculated or are taken out.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=lTJ7
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=mlXn

However, https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=mlY0 full-time employment continues to trend upwards even tho wages are far from great https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=mlYL

I'd say Trump is doing as good as he can just that corporatism is killing dominating the wealth divide.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Almost double the predicted increase in jobs.

And lots of lefties have been saying a recession is due. They've been saying it for more than a year now - while we experience good growth. I guess they really don't understand how our economy works.
Job numbers trail the economy. So you cant judge much from job growth as its one of the last things effected in the signs of a downturn. You wont see signs of it in Job numbers until the slowdown starts to happen, then people start to buy less, then places start to hire more slowly, then you see it in the jobs numbers.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yup. Employment figures were a helpful metric decades ago when the lion's share of full-time jobs provided a living wage. Those times are long gone. Now people have to work far more than they did even just 20 years ago to make ends meet. Americans don't have an employment/productivity problem. We have a getting paid problem.

For instance, if you look at the quality of jobs, they're approaching 2008 recession levels in addition to being at a thirty-year low. https://qz.com/1752676/the-job-quality-index-is-the-economic-indicator-weve-been-missing/

But hey I'm sure these numbers aren't inflated because the GM strike ended in October or anything. Also, like the above poster said holiday jobs, but I'm 99% sure those aren't calculated or are taken out.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=lTJ7
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=mlXn

However, https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=mlY0 full-time employment continues to trend upwards even tho wages are far from great https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=mlYL

I'd say Trump is doing as good as he can just that corporatism is killing dominating the wealth divide.
Wages are really good here in the US. As are working conditions. And record numbers of people have jobs. Are you trying to tell me that you believe so much in Left Wing Idealogy that you believe it's better for people to be on WELFARE than to have jobs? Face it - there's very strong direct evidence in front of all of us that conservative policies work and measurably help the American people. Especially the poor, minorities and women have been helped tremendously by Trump implementing conservative policies.

If you want to go back to Obama liberal policies and increase the SUFFERING of the American people - please just admit that you don't care about the poor or minorities. It's more important to you that the US implements lefty policies than it is for the American people to do well.

People who are on strike still have jobs. They are not unemployed.

Job numbers trail the economy. So you cant judge much from job growth as its one of the last things effected in the signs of a downturn. You wont see signs of it in Job numbers until the slowdown starts to happen, then people start to buy less, then places start to hire more slowly, then you see it in the jobs numbers.
Off topic post. Lefties have been saying we are headed for a recession for several YEARS now. If they were right, Trump's policies have pulled the country out of that impending recession. The US is doing much better now than it did at any time during Obama's presidency. And since there was supposed to be a recession about the time Trump came into office - it's very clear that Trump improved the economy and helped the American people.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Gov't data? LOL. Who still trusts that? You do realize years ago they changed the data collection to show 1 person with 2 jobs as being counted twice. You know...because quite a few people need 2 jobs now to survive and feed their families, unfortunately. If you want some real stats instead of phony gov't numbers, check out the website Shadow Stats, its creator is one of the most conservative economists of our time and he doesn't skew and manipulate data like the gov't does.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Next up? A thread about how we should trust the Federal Reserve and gov't data concerning banks. Please start that thread, I need another laugh.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Wages are really good here in the US. As are working conditions. And record numbers of people have jobs. Are you trying to tell me that you believe so much in Left Wing Idealogy that you believe it's better for people to be on WELFARE than to have jobs? Face it - there's very strong direct evidence in front of all of us that conservative policies work and measurably help the American people. Especially the poor, minorities and women have been helped tremendously by Trump implementing conservative policies.

If you want to go back to Obama liberal policies and increase the SUFFERING of the American people - please just admit that you don't care about the poor or minorities. It's more important to you that the US implements lefty policies than it is for the American people to do well.

People who are on strike still have jobs. They are not unemployed.

Off topic post. Lefties have been saying we are headed for a recession for several YEARS now. If they were right, Trump's policies have pulled the country out of that impending recession. The US is doing much better now than it did at any time during Obama's presidency. And since there was supposed to be a recession about the time Trump came into office - it's very clear that Trump improved the economy and helped the American people.
Again. Looking at numbers the job and unemployment trend we have now started unfer Obama. It's not "doing much better "it's maintaining it's trend "it's not "liberals" expecting a down turn. It's economic analysts. They deal with facts and trends. Party has nothing to do with it unless they are paid shills.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Again. Looking at numbers the job and unemployment trend we have now started unfer Obama. It's not "doing much better "it's maintaining it's trend "it's not "liberals" expecting a down turn. It's economic analysts. They deal with facts and trends. Party has nothing to do with it unless they are paid shills.
Whoever it is that you say is predicting a downturn, those people have been wrong for the last two years. Either they don't know what they are talking about and don't understand how our economy works, OR Trump's changes have PREVENTED or at least DELAYED the downturn, OR some of each.

Either way - I think my point holds true. People have been predicting a downturn. Trump has done a lot to impact the economy. We haven't had a downturn. Trump is awesome.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
It is all about the allocation of resources. The problem is not how much we take in but where those resources go and what is the breaking point on interest payments towards our debt.

People forget the House is the purse of the U.S. obviously Checks and Balances occur. Weirdly the US Government deficit, thou not all the time, is better with yearly deficits when a Dem is President and the House is Republican. Dem President pushes a couple of big spending projects and the Republicans realize the should be fiscal conservatives and people rally around that to make something work.

When roles are switched, there is no idealistic check on the deficit. Republicans forget the should be fiscal conservatives and lets the House run wild on spending because Republicans themselves want their own spending projects in place and deals with Dems that way.

Then add the Senate. Judges are huge. So whoever is in charge with the Senate will negotiate to spend through the House for the Minority of the Senate Senators for some support in votes.

Both established Rep and Dems have a relationship with the Military Industry. Some spending we do need. We need to keep our production of ships going. Now do we need all the bells and whistles on those ships, I think not.

The issue with the economy is a lot more complex than the Republican and Democratic. The world is changing and everyone thinks they are right. Also, people want to be reelected. Nobody wants to tell their district the are cutting spending in their districts.

On another note, you seem to think that company profits go back into the company. It used to be that way but not anymore. Company profits go to the shareholders. Many companies these days borrow money for capital improvements and for ongoing costs. That way, if something does go wrong, all the wealthy people at the top still get their full share. Only the debtors and employees suffer.

The big Trump tax cuts didn't really help working people. What it did was lower the amount companies had to take out of people's salaries. So their paychecks went up, but at the end of the year, they still had to pay the same amount, which meant smaller refunds or actually having to pay on April 15. A lot of companies handed out bonus checks that the first year. Companies like bonus checks, because it fools people into thinking they are getting more, but watch, and you won't see many raises being handed out. Those tax cuts did help big businesses keep more money and that money went to the shareholders. Some people got wage increases, depending on the region and the industry, but it was not evenly spread across the board.

Since companies didn't have to send money to the government for their employees (payroll tax) it meant that they had more money to do what they wanted. Which is, you guessed it, give it to the shareholders.

Companies should be allowed to make a profit, and a good profit, but they could be taxed more an the only people who suffer would be the shareholders.

https://academic.oup.com/sf/article/98/2/622/5418441

Finally, since we ALWAYS need to make this left vs right, or right vs left. It is never that simple and I will demonstrate this by using Trump's own quotes.

Sep. 7, 2012

“The unemployment rate only dropped because more people are out of the labor force & have stopped looking for work. Not a real recovery, phony numbers”

Oct. 19, 2012 "7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday. Real unemployment is at least 15%”

Aug. 11, 2013 “We can rev up this economy like it should be, not with false numbers like 7.4 percent unemployment. But with real numbers.”

May 31, 2014 “Unemployment is a totally phony number.”

June 16, 2015 “Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent. Don't believe the 5.6. Don't believe it.”

Aug. 11, 2015 “Then you hear there's a 5.4 percent unemployment. It's really — if you add it up, it's probably 40 percent if you think about it.”

Aug. 30, 2015 “They show those phony statistics where we are 5.4 percent unemployment. The real number, I saw a number that could be 42 percent, believe it or not.”

Sept. 28, 2015 “I hear 5.3 percent unemployment, that is the biggest joke there is in this country. That number is so false.”

Sept. 29, 2015 “The number is not reflective. I have seen a number of 24 percent. I saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. … That number is so false.”

Oct. 9, 2015 “They say 5.3 percent employment. The number is probably 32 percent.”

Oct. 11, 2015 “Nobody has jobs. … It is not a real economy. It is a phony set of numbers. They cooked the books.”

Jan. 17, 2016 “Look again, you hear these phony jobs numbers? People that gave up looking for jobs? They are considered employed.”

Feb. 9, 2016 “Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. As high as 35 — as in fact, I heard recently, 42 percent.”

March 12, 2016 “The numbers are phony. These are all phony numbers. Numbers are given to politicians to look good. These are phony numbers.”

May 24, 2016 “You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people.”

July 7, 2016 “The phony 5 percent numbers that we hear about with the unemployment.”

Aug. 8, 2016 “The 5 percent figure is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern politics.”

Nov. 4, 2016 “The terrible jobs report that just came out … you can see phony numbers, 5 percent.”

Dec. 8, 2016 “The unemployment number, as you know, is totally fiction.”

Other than Schwerin, none of you need to be posting economic articles you obviously can't look at open-minded and have the least bit of constructive criticism. "Trump's" policies are working but you have no idea who they're working for or why they're working.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Whoever it is that you say is predicting a downturn, those people have been wrong for the last two years. Either they don't know what they are talking about and don't understand how our economy works, OR Trump's changes have PREVENTED or at least DELAYED the downturn, OR some of each.

Either way - I think my point holds true. People have been predicting a downturn. Trump has done a lot to impact the economy. We haven't had a downturn. Trump is awesome.
Tell that to Goldman Sachs.

Goldman Sachs says that every one of its private equity clients is preparing for recession
https://markets.businessinsider.com...sion-2019-12-1028740448?utm_source=reddit.com
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.