Sponsored

Nothing better than having friends who are mechanics and access to shop to avoid dealers.

azshelby350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 Shelby GT350 "FPRS #9"
Not all dealers are bad. I used to work for Ford Corporate and at a couple Ford dealers and often times the dealers are no more expensive and use better parts installed by better trained mechanics. Donā€™t get me wrong I love my friends that can help me with an install or whatever but I disagree with the mentality to avoid dealers at all costs. My $0.02.

TommyBoyDIY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Totally agree. My good friend Doc is a master GM tech but he is amazing and does everything for me. Good friends are hard to find....

BuckeyeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Race Red, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali
You are so lucky. I brought my 350 to my local dealer to get an oil change back in February, they put 2 or 3 little scratches on my by back bumper. My guess is when taking the box of Amsoil out of my trunk he grazed the box on the bumper. No big deal - can be taken out with a buffer.

After searching for a few months I finally got my hands on a couple 2087 filters. I brought the 350 back to same dealer yesterday to have them swap out the filter. They put more scratches on the black trunk door. My guess is he had a tool in his hand when opening and closing the trunk. Probably the plastic part of a screw driver. Not that deep but still extremely annoying. I'm bringing the car to my detailer to have the scratches buffed out and PPF applied to rear bumper and trunk door. I was thinking of doing that when I first bought the car and had the entire front applied but decided against it.

Yes some dealers don't suck, but most do.

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
You are so lucky. I brought my 350 to my local dealer to get an oil change back in February, they put 2 or 3 little scratches on my by back bumper. My guess is when taking the box of Amsoil out of my trunk he grazed the box on the bumper. No big deal - can be taken out with a buffer.

After searching for a few months I finally got my hands on a couple 2087 filters. I brought the 350 back to same dealer yesterday to have them swap out the filter. They put more scratches on the black trunk door. My guess is he had a tool in his hand when opening and closing the trunk. Probably the plastic part of a screw driver. Not that deep but still extremely annoying. I'm bringing the car to my detailer to have the scratches buffed out and PPF applied to rear bumper and trunk door. I was thinking of doing that when I first bought the car and had the entire front applied but decided against it.

Yes some dealers don't suck, but most do.
I wonder if you were driving a GT3RS if you'd have the same logic that it will just buff out and that they shouldn't be held liable. I'll give you an arm but not the whole body.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I have friends that are amazing mechanics and fabricators.
Hard to ask for help when they are raising a family, that help takes them away from that. Even if they offer itā€™s hard to accept.
Now a group of old guys where the kids are grown and goneā€¦.different story, we have a blast helping each other.
Iā€˜m no wrench but I can help and learn.
I grew up in a ā€œhire someone for thatā€ household. Now Iā€™m like a fourteen year old kid wanting to learn.
Sponsored