Not to start any type of flame war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Everytime my idiot neighbor starts his 5.0 at 4am, and wakes the neighborhood and all the pets, and lets it idle for, oh, 30 minutes, and then roars off fast enough to be heard from two miles away, it reminds me why I f-n HATE GT's and some of their d-brain owners.

So, thankfully ford made one with decent out-of-the-box performance, for sensible people, that dont need to show off and over-compensate.
In the EXACT same boat as you lol
Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Eco-bros,

Do you know how hard it is to maintain this Alphaness all the time? Do you understand how much work goes into this? It's a bit more than gym, tan, and laundry.

First, before I start my MUSTANG GT 5.0 COYOTE at 4AM, I'm usually up at 3AM because I have to lift, bro. Then right before I take my shower I like to start my car and let it run for the bit. It's kind of the Alpha's job to make sure everyone wakes up on time for work, bro. I'm just doing my public service. Also, I hate cold leather seats, that shit is for Betas.

Next I have to manhandle all 435 ponies to my first of three jobs at at mall, Pac Sun. Before I leave my car I have to make sure all three collars are popped at just the right angle and that I am defying gravity with the azimuth (fighter pilot shit bro) of my ball cap on my dome.

Do you know how much milk and cheese I have to put away so that I can always make sure to fart loudly and laugh at the most inappropriate time? Do you know how many fanbois wars I've had to deploy too? The Battle of iPhone vs Droid. All three PlayStation vs Xbox World Wars. The S197 vs. S550 Fusion Showdown. Ferguson, MO. That was me doing Alpha shit, and it ain't easy, bro.

The Mustang GT is an American Legaeaoga;bnva;kghap9gauiogbnaf;gjaogjag

Shit, I spilled my protein shake on my keyboard. I'm too Alpha to go back and erase that though, so you know...deal with it. Also understand that... 1 in 4 men under the age of 40 suffer from erectile dysfunction, so we must maintain our Alphaness by being obnoxious with our cars. If our frank'n'beans had some act right, we would probably drive Eco 'Stangs too.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
I have been reading through this thread from when it started and didn't get the point and never wanted to post in it, not to give it a bump.

but this post was hilarious!

Eco-bros,

Do you know how hard it is to maintain this Alphaness all the time? Do you understand how much work goes into this? It's a bit more than gym, tan, and laundry.

First, before I start my MUSTANG GT 5.0 COYOTE at 4AM, I'm usually up at 3AM because I have to lift, bro. Then right before I take my shower I like to start my car and let it run for the bit. It's kind of the Alpha's job to make sure everyone wakes up on time for work, bro. I'm just doing my public service. Also, I hate cold leather seats, that shit is for Betas.

Next I have to manhandle all 435 ponies to my first of three jobs at at mall, Pac Sun. Before I leave my car I have to make sure all three collars are popped at just the right angle and that I am defying gravity with the azimuth (fighter pilot shit bro) of my ball cap on my dome.

Do you know how much milk and cheese I have to put away so that I can always make sure to fart loudly and laugh at the most inappropriate time? Do you know how many fanbois wars I've had to deploy too? The Battle of iPhone vs Droid. All three PlayStation vs Xbox World Wars. The S197 vs. S550 Fusion Showdown. Ferguson, MO. That was me doing Alpha shit, and it ain't easy, bro.

The Mustang GT is an American Legaeaoga;bnva;kghap9gauiogbnaf;gjaogjag

Shit, I spilled my protein shake on my keyboard. I'm too Alpha to go back and erase that though, so you know...deal with it. Also understand that... 1 in 4 men under the age of 40 suffer from erectile dysfunction, so we must maintain our Alphaness by being obnoxious with our cars. If our frank'n'beans had some act right, we would probably drive Eco 'Stangs too.

S550 KID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium pp
I jumped in because of the title. What did you think was going to happen.

Anvil3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT DIB
Let's ratchet the tension down a little. For the V8 guys who don't quite get the EB, let me say that i got a car that was an alternative to a European sports coupe, not an alternative to the GT.

Where I live, I can't extract most the performance potential of even the EB the vast majority of the time. Aside from the visceral appeal of the GT (of which there is plenty), it doesn't make much sense for me. Plus, the EB does handle a little bit better and is lighter than the GT. I prize handling over outright power.

In the end, the EB is quite different in many ways than the GT. It's a different experience. It isn't a matter of which one is "better."

Here's another take from Road & Track (and it's quite amusing):

2015 Mustang EcoBoost: Who needs a V8?
It's an issue of perception. The EcoBoost is overshadowed by big brother, but it doesn't deserve to be.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...mustang-ecoboosts-only-problem-is-the-gts-v8/

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Everytime my idiot neighbor starts his 5.0 at 4am, and wakes the neighborhood and all the pets, and lets it idle for, oh, 30 minutes, and then roars off fast enough to be heard from two miles away, it reminds me why I f-n HATE GT's and some of their d-brain owners.

So, thankfully ford made one with decent out-of-the-box performance, for sensible people, that dont need to show off and over-compensate.
I hope I don't wake the neighbors when I leave early in the morning. I certainly have some cars with louder exhaust - although the 2015 is stock and will stay that way. It's not my goal to annoy anyone. But I'm not going to give up my V8 just because I have an intolerant or light sleeping neighbor.

Then I hear some neighbor (I think it's the one with the 70s 'vette with a bug catcher sticking out of the hood) roaring around squealing the tires after 10 or 11 pm and I worry about myself less.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
wow, another if i really wanted the v8 i woulda gotten it thread.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
wow, another if i really wanted the v8 i woulda gotten it thread.
I don't really see these threads that way. Maybe these guys are actually happy with their choice. Not everyone that mentions a GT is doing it because of justification/buyer's remorse... it's just impossible to have a mustang conversation without bringing up the GT.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
I don't really see these threads that way. Maybe these guys are actually happy with their choice. Not everyone that mentions a GT is doing it because of justification/buyer's remorse... it's just impossible to have a mustang conversation without bringing up the GT.
except in this case he actually did say it.

If I wanted to afford a 5.0 performance package mustang, I could!

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
So many anti-Eco V8 owners keep saying they bought the V8 for the sound. I guess, if I begin to envy the V8 sound (I have an Ecoboost)...I could do what my neighbor did...install a 3,000 watt sound system. His subwoofers are bigger than the ones I have in my Rec room. Record a GT and then blast the recording, breaking all the windows in the neighborhood as I drive to work!

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's almost like some people are assholes regardless of what they drive.

#mindblown #2deep4me

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
This is a perfect example of why these threads keep popping up. Think about it.
i for one don't care. stop trying to justify your decision. it's not my problem.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.