Not to start any type of flame war

Status
Not open for further replies.

S550 KID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium pp
I see I ruffled some feathers, well guys rest assured my opinion means nothing, I'm just telling it how I see it. Tell me your opinion and move along. No need to get pissed about it.
Sponsored

MadKaw

Meat Puppet
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brand-X
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt Highland Green
:cheers:

Anvil3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT DIB
I see I ruffled some feathers, well guys rest assured my opinion means nothing, I'm just telling it how I see it. Tell me your opinion and move along. No need to get pissed about it.
"All the v6, ecoboost guys to me want to ride the band wagon of the American sports car and simply can't."

What kind of reaction did you think you'd get when you wrote that?

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Everytime my idiot neighbor starts his 5.0 at 4am, and wakes the neighborhood and all the pets, and lets it idle for, oh, 30 minutes, and then roars off fast enough to be heard from two miles away, it reminds me why I f-n HATE GT's and some of their d-brain owners.

So, thankfully ford made one with decent out-of-the-box performance, for sensible people, that dont need to show off and over-compensate.
LOL. I have a neighbor like that who has a 4-cylinder Subaru-looking car and an after-market "coffee-can" muffler. It sounds like a damn lawn mower on steroids as he drives by at 5,000 RPM in the morning. If I gotta listen to loud, at least let it sound good. I'll trade neighbors with you.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
"All the v6, ecoboost guys to me want to ride the band wagon of the American sports car and simply can't."

What kind of reaction did you think you'd get when you wrote that?
"you're just a poser who can't afford the real deal"

"...wait why is everyone mad at me? Come on you guys! :[ "

Sponsored

alimustafa23

alimustafa23
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustafa
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT blood red PP
I got a v8 but still have love and respect for all other cars whether be an ecoboost, v6, camaro or civic. Any nice car is nice to me pretty much. Everyone has a different taste and different needs with different priorities. Some want power, some want looks and some want practicality and some want all of it. So I pay attention to what i have and respect other cars/car owners regardless of an ecoboost 4 cyl or a v6.
(Given they dont put 24" chrome wheels and nos stickers all around that adds 5 HP and 5ft tall spoilers)

-Mustafa

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
LOL. I have a neighbor like that who has a 4-cylinder Subaru-looking car and an after-market "coffee-can" muffler. It sounds like a damn lawn mower on steroids as he drives by at 5,000 RPM in the morning. If I gotta listen to loud, at least let it sound good. I'll trade neighbors with you.
"Subaru-looking" :lol:

We speak the same language. :cheers:

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
I'm an import guy at heart but Ive always liked mustangs, I ran 9s in my 750awhp 2g eagle talon, had a 400rwhp 93 mr2 turbo, 600hp lexus etc. But I got into my first mustang in 2013 with a gt, now I love my 15 premium pp (thank god for irs) I go by legacy. The mustang means nothing to me without a v8. You could put a dodge v10 in there and I wouldn't buy it strictly because it was not made famous over the years from another engine other than the 8. All the v6, ecoboost guys to me want to ride the band wagon of the American sports car and simply can't. Ive heard all the excuses but in the end it is about total cost and affordability.

Look at the guys with the huge 70k trucks lifted with tires that can crush a smart car. Those guys laugh in the face of high gas prices. They are on their own level and could care less about mpg or aerodynamics. I'd like to think us modded coyote,/gt500 etc guys are the same in our own way. If I own a mustang it's only going to be a v8.
:lol:this has got to be one of the dumbest things I've read :thumbsup:bandwagon of American sports car?? then you put yourself in the same overcompensating group of lifted pavement pounding trucks:headbonk:thankfully unlike the vibe of your post most Gt owners are a pretty awesome group:clap2:
Anyhow for me I wanted the redesigned turbo4 mustang. Had nothing to do with mpg or affordability as my Eco optioned out at almost 38.Love the v8 just personally didn't want one.I love these cars regardless of engines. Still think its a shame they didn't put the turbo 6 in it though:(

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
"you're just a poser who can't afford the real deal"

"...wait why is everyone mad at me? Come on you guys! :[ "
Everyone is annoyed at you because you keep bragging about how you have a GT! No one cares if you have a v8 over their v6 or ecoboost.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Everyone is annoyed at you because you keep bragging about how you have a GT! No one cares if you have a v8 over their v6 or ecoboost.
I think oppolock was being sarcastic,in regards to the other guy

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think oppolock was being sarcastic,in regards to the other guy
Yeah I think there's a mix up bud :cheers:

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I used to own a 2013 V6 premium manual performance package mustang, pictured here:

Then changed it for a 2013 GT premium manual 3:31s, pictured here:

NOW I have a 2015 Ecoboost premium manual mustang ( no pics sorry )

So I've owned all the current three engine options

My point is that so many people will question the ecoboost buyers like myself as to "why no v8" and if someone is a true car enthusiast they would understand that different people have different needs. If I wanted to afford a 5.0 performance package mustang, I could!, but it doesn't fit my needs since I wouldn't really use the car for what it's for and the MPGs wouldn't be worth it since I'm not using it at full potential. The ecoboost fits my needs by being an American Icon with a turbo 4 6 speed manual making over 300hp and still averaging 26 mpg. I get speed, comfort, and american looks, to me I ask "what's not to love?!" and if a "true" car enthusiast complains about the new misfit mustang then they don't really appreciate cars and has a biased look because different cars are for different people, a car enthusiast should appreciate all cars and see their true potential.

Long story short, the mustang has enough options to fit everyone's needs so why not we all just love each other as a big family :ford:

I didn't know there was an issue. Of course there's going to be some "garage racing" among car enthusiasts like, my car is faster than yours, or my car is better than yours, etc, but folks shouldn't get thin-skinned or defensive and take such talk personally.

I do get the sense that some EB Mustang owners want to feel their car is equal to the Mustang GT, kinda like the little Chihuahua strutting around and yapping at the big dogs for attention. As for me, I appreciate all Mustangs ...some more than others :) I think that's true for most enthusiasts.

I will compliment the EB Mustang by saying it represents a heckuva value. Outstanding styling and performance for a lot less money than the GT. I even considered an EB Mustang based on value but, after considering the sound of a 4-cylinder, decided it wasn't for me. Subjective? Yes, but it's important to me.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I got a v8 but still have love and respect for all other cars whether be an ecoboost, v6, camaro or civic. Any nice car is nice to me pretty much. Everyone has a different taste and different needs with different priorities. Some want power, some want looks and some want practicality and some want all of it. So I pay attention to what i have and respect other cars/car owners regardless of an ecoboost 4 cyl or a v6.
(Given they dont put 24" chrome wheels and nos stickers all around that adds 5 HP and 5ft tall spoilers)

-Mustafa
Lets not go too far here, we still can't like Cameros.

Herr Squid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ecoboost Premium
I used to own a 2013 V6 premium manual performance package mustang...

Then changed it for a 2013 GT premium manual 3:31s, pictured here:

NOW I have a 2015 Ecoboost premium manual mustang ( no pics sorry )

So I've owned all the current three engine options
Those are some gorgeous pics, can we please see one of the EB?

Oh, and BTW, you started a flame war.. :doh:

I bought an EB Premium because it suited me, and I love the crap out of it. No regrets.

Past Mustangs had some real dogs at the bottom of the lineup, but the great thing about the S550 is that there isn't a bad one in the bunch!

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Those are some gorgeous pics, can we please see one of the EB?

Oh, and BTW, you started a flame war.. :doh:

I bought an EB Premium because it suited me, and I love the crap out of it. No regrets.

Past Mustangs had some real dogs at the bottom of the lineup, but the great thing about the S550 is that there isn't a bad one in the bunch!
Very true. Aren't all the offerings more powerful than prior my 2010 GT's?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.