Not to start any type of flame war

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I used to own a 2013 V6 premium manual performance package mustang, pictured here:

Then changed it for a 2013 GT premium manual 3:31s, pictured here:

NOW I have a 2015 Ecoboost premium manual mustang ( no pics sorry )

So I've owned all the current three engine options

My point is that so many people will question the ecoboost buyers like myself as to "why no v8" and if someone is a true car enthusiast they would understand that different people have different needs. If I wanted to afford a 5.0 performance package mustang, I could!, but it doesn't fit my needs since I wouldn't really use the car for what it's for and the MPGs wouldn't be worth it since I'm not using it at full potential. The ecoboost fits my needs by being an American Icon with a turbo 4 6 speed manual making over 300hp and still averaging 26 mpg. I get speed, comfort, and american looks, to me I ask "what's not to love?!" and if a "true" car enthusiast complains about the new misfit mustang then they don't really appreciate cars and has a biased look because different cars are for different people, a car enthusiast should appreciate all cars and see their true potential.

Long story short, the mustang has enough options to fit everyone's needs so why not we all just love each other as a big family :ford:
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I find it funny people try and make an inner Mustang rivalry instead of focusing on the real competition. I mean we have a 4 cylinder Mustang that will compete against Cameros and Challengers with nothing but a tune and a tire and have good all around performance. Why would anyone hate on that? It is just more shit we as a community can talk on the competition.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I am pretty sure the EB would be a "better" car for me than my GT. My rational mind tells me that. The I go out, start that V8, listen to it burble, then let it run.

Nah. The GT is the one for me, LOL.

OP
OP

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I find it funny people try and make an inner Mustang rivalry instead of focusing on the real competition. I mean we have a 4 cylinder Mustang that will compete against Cameros and Challengers with nothing but a tune and a tire and have good all around performance. Why would anyone hate on that? It is just more shit we as a community can talk on the competition.
The challengers in my town are all oldies cruising and the camaros are usually on 26s, barely any real race guys around here. The import crowd seems more alive though so it was more fun with them. Yeah well this little turbo 4 is going to be extremely fun to mod, there's potential to fit all needs with this car!

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
The challengers in my town are all oldies cruising and the camaros are usually on 26s, barely any real race guys around here. The import crowd seems more alive though so it was more fun with them. Yeah well this little turbo 4 is going to be extremely fun to mod, there's potential to fit all needs with this car!
Geez, in aus there we don't even have close to what you have. We don't even see muxh v8s except for the ss commodores and falcons. Lucky

Sponsored

Dragen

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBPP
Everytime my idiot neighbor starts his 5.0 at 4am, and wakes the neighborhood and all the pets, and lets it idle for, oh, 30 minutes, and then roars off fast enough to be heard from two miles away, it reminds me why I f-n HATE GT's and some of their d-brain owners.

So, thankfully ford made one with decent out-of-the-box performance, for sensible people, that dont need to show off and over-compensate.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Some people confuse need with want. No one needs any Mustang. No one needs anything more than what's required to get them where they need to go.

I freaking want a gt and I can afford it. So to heck with anyone that doesn't think need it. I don't. I want. I've worked hard enough, and God has helped me get where I am so that want is good enough reason for me.

OP
OP

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I am pretty sure the EB would be a "better" car for me than my GT. My rational mind tells me that. The I go out, start that V8, listen to it burble, then let it run.

Nah. The GT is the one for me, LOL.
Haha if I let my unrational side choose I would've ordered the GT350R:D

Geez, in aus there we don't even have close to what you have. We don't even see muxh v8s except for the ss commodores and falcons. Lucky
Haha there's a guy in my town with a Holden SSR and it's a beast! A lot of C7s around here too, they're not even special to see anymore. Two hellcats running around too and an i8 and a stupid amount of Teslas. I live in Clearwater Beach, FL so you're either rich or poor here lol

Everytime my idiot neighbor starts his 5.0 at 4am, and wakes the neighborhood and all the pets, and lets it idle for, oh, 30 minutes, and then roars off fast enough to be heard from two miles away, it reminds me why I f-n HATE GT's and some of their d-brain owners.

So, thankfully ford made one with decent out-of-the-box performance, for sensible people, that dont need to show off and over-compensate.
I used to feel bad when I did that so I would try to roll out as slow and as quick as possible! Now my neighbor has a disgusting accord with a straight pipe probably made from his plumbing and it idles so loud, so now I'm just going to have a loud BOV in return :)

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)

Haha. I'd probably be that person in my neighbourhood. But I don't do anything until 7am. I have my neighbour who mows his lawn at 5am in the morning. I broke his mower the 5th time he did it. Didn't even pay for it.

S550 KID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium pp
I'm an import guy at heart but Ive always liked mustangs, I ran 9s in my 750awhp 2g eagle talon, had a 400rwhp 93 mr2 turbo, 600hp lexus etc. But I got into my first mustang in 2013 with a gt, now I love my 15 premium pp (thank god for irs) I go by legacy. The mustang means nothing to me without a v8. You could put a dodge v10 in there and I wouldn't buy it strictly because it was not made famous over the years from another engine other than the 8. All the v6, ecoboost guys to me want to ride the band wagon of the American sports car and simply can't. Ive heard all the excuses but in the end it is about total cost and affordability.

Look at the guys with the huge 70k trucks lifted with tires that can crush a smart car. Those guys laugh in the face of high gas prices. They are on their own level and could care less about mpg or aerodynamics. I'd like to think us modded coyote,/gt500 etc guys are the same in our own way. If I own a mustang it's only going to be a v8.

Sponsored

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
I'm an import guy at heart but Ive always liked mustangs, I ran 9s in my 750awhp 2g eagle talon, had a 400rwhp 93 mr2 turbo, 600hp lexus etc. But I got into my first mustang in 2013 with a gt, now I love my 15 premium pp (thank god for irs) I go by legacy. The mustang means nothing to me without a v8. You could put a dodge v10 in there and I wouldn't buy it strictly because it was not made famous over the years from another engine other than the 8. All the v6, ecoboost, and guys to me want to ride the band wagon of the American sports car and simply can't. Ive heard all the excuses but in the end it is about total cost and affordability.

Look at the guys with the huge 70k trucks lifted with tires that can crush a smart car. Those guys laugh in the face of high gas prices. They are on their own level and could care less about mpg or aerodynamics. I'd like to think us modded coyote,/gt500 etc guys are the same in our own way. If I own a mustang it's only going to be a v8.
You know where its at! But there is absolutely no problem with the ecoboost. It is a decent engine.

Last edited:

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I was actually embarrassed turning my Cobra on inside my garage. It would echo throughout the whole neighborhood. Fortunately I drove my Hyundai to work so it (hopefully) never woke anyone up.

When it comes to sound I find the Ecoboost unappealing, but I think the Coyote sounds terrible. Just one of the reasons I don't want one.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Is your ecoboost also blue?

All mustangs are awesome.

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
I was actually embarrassed turning my Cobra on inside my garage. It would echo throughout the whole neighborhood. Fortunately I drove my Hyundai to work so it (hopefully) never woke anyone up.

When it comes to sound I find the Ecoboost unappealing, but I think the Coyote sounds terrible. Just one of the reasons I don't want one.
Yes, the coyote does sound like it could do with a new exhaust. The sound is sort of there, but its not right there. You know what I'm thinking?

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I'm an import guy at heart but Ive always liked mustangs, I ran 9s in my 750awhp 2g eagle talon, had a 400rwhp 93 mr2 turbo, 600hp lexus etc. But I got into my first mustang in 2013 with a gt, now I love my 15 premium pp (thank god for irs) I go by legacy. The mustang means nothing to me without a v8. You could put a dodge v10 in there and I wouldn't buy it strictly because it was not made famous over the years from another engine other than the 8. All the v6, ecoboost guys to me want to ride the band wagon of the American sports car and simply can't. Ive heard all the excuses but in the end it is about total cost and affordability.

Yeah, except for the fact it isn't. I could go out and buy a GT Premium PP but I don't want to. Typical 5.Bro trying to put their car on the same level as a SVT car...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.