Sponsored

Not running right and throwing P061B code after airaid intake and gt350tb install

Vancity5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ruby red gtpp, 2008 300 srt
Hey guys so new member here and just dod my first mods to a 17gt. Installed a airaid mxp intake and the gt350 throttlebody and adapter(got the set up for virtually nothing so thought eh why not)
Well after installing it car had a really bad start up and threw a cel, i plugged in my diably trinity to check code and it showed p061B “unknown”.
So i tried to see if it would run with stock tune, 91 canned and a 91 cai canned.
After warming up and restarting the car code went away and ran fine afr readIngs between 13.4 14.7 but it dips to 12.3 and shows 20.00 when off pedal.but it still surges even without code and cold starts gets the code and into limp mode she goes I parked car as i dont want to mess it up until i can go throught everything on it but not sure if its throttle body or? Parts are all new
I checked the fitting for any vaccum leaks but couldnt really find anything so at a bit of a loss here. I know the throttle body is a pia to tune but i know numerous people with the power pack 2 that includes it and they run fine.
Hoping someone has gone through this that can help. I will be getting a custom tune after i do cat deletes but was hoping it would atleast run good until then.
If needing more details please let me know! Stoked to be part of a car community finally
Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
So do you have an actual tune for the GT350 throttle body? The electronics inside of it are completely different from the stock throttle body.

OP
OP

Vancity5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not have a tune for the throttle body unfortunately as i didnt get it with the Ford calibration, i bought the tb/adapter private

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Part of the power pack is a ford tune that adjusts for the different scaling of the GT350 throttle body.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I do not have a tune for the throttle body unfortunately as i didnt get it with the Ford calibration, i bought the tb/adapter private
Well, there's your problem. Put the stock TB back on until you get a proper tune for the GT350 one.:paddle:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vancity5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tune is the plan but i wanted to do it all at once after i do my cat deletes in a few weeks. Is there any way of adjusting or are there any other canned tuning options to make it run or is dyno/remote tuning my only option. I heard it was useable without a protune is why i installed it

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Swap the stock TB back in until you get a tune. Seems very simple.. why are you making things harder on yourself?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Put the stock TB back on and leave it on. The GT350 TB will just cause headaches and net you, at most, a whopping 3-4 hp or so and some weird noises when it slams shut when you turn the car off. No point.

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
The GT350 TB does result in some drivability issues, believe me. I'm having issues with mine too, however, my Tuner is slowly ironing out the issues over time. Just means back and forth visits to the workshop and reporting on the issues I'm experiencing so he can fine tune it for me.

In hindsight, I should have just stuck with the stock throttle body to maintain OEM drivability. It would have saved a lot of visits to the Tuner, and I doubt the GT350 TB is netting any significant HP gains anyway! :(

The GT350 TB is obviously better matched to the GT350 Intake Manifold so maybe I should have also done the GT350 IM as well as the TB?! I have read that the GT350 IM on the Coyote motor results in slightly more top end HP (due to the increased RPM limit) at the expense of torque across the board.

OP
OP

Vancity5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea think i will take the advice to go back to stock tb for now i will see though if my tuner can make it work. Anyone local to Vancouver/bc know tuners who have done coyotes?

I was thinking between forcefed/mopac or independant speed shop or email tunes?
Let me know what you guys think any help is appreciated!
Tuner i have is a diablosport trinity

Sponsored

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
The GT350 TB does result in some drivability issues, believe me. I'm having issues with mine too, however, my Tuner is slowly ironing out the issues over time. Just means back and forth visits to the workshop and reporting on the issues I'm experiencing so he can fine tune it for me.
The GT350 TB is fine (kind of awesome, actually) as long as you have the right tune - which is to say the Ford PP2 Tune (only).
And unfortunately the only way to get that tune is to buy PP2, which comes with the TB anyway. So unfortunately OP's friend's TB is a bit of a white elephant.

OP
OP

Vancity5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea kind of regret going through with it but i am hopeful of teying to get it tuned for driveability, but it was also my cheapest mod so it doesnt hurt so much. Hoping someone can share some tuning info as per what they went through for it to work without a ford pp calibration.

Wolf Counselor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The GT350TB was on my list. Took it off soon after doing some research. Overall, it was just not worth it. I would honestly return the parks if you can, and put your stock back on. The GT TB does a good job as is with the right tune.
Sponsored