Sponsored

Not quite cheating on your S550 (what cars have u thought about and why, why not)

What others cars do you think of buying to replace/compliment your Stang

• Total voters

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
If we didn't have such crappy winters up here in the Northeast, I would definitely be daily driving a brand new Hellcat Charger.
One car that I did seriously look at and consider was the C7 Z06/Z07 before buying my 2019 Roush Stage 3. I love the looks of both the C7 Z06/Z07 and Hellcat Charger as well as the Mustang. All 3 are the best looking on the road, in my opinion.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I saw seriously knocking around the idea of a ZL1 convertible to replace my '16 GT convertible ... but I stayed faithful and scored a '19 GT convertible :D

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I saw seriously knocking around the idea of a ZL1 convertible to replace my '16 GT convertible ... but I stayed faithful and scored a '19 GT convertible :D
I keep hearing the ZL1 is beastly ridiculously fast. Most reviewers online say its too fast for public roads, LOL. Did you drive it? Wonder what your impressions were. I like the SS 1LE, very balanced car. I really wish they fixed the visibility and ergonomics, space etc.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I leaned heavily toward the E92 M3 before I picked up my 2015 S550. I liked the 8k plus RPMs, but that engine only makes 29y lbs of torque. Also being a previous BMW owner I knew all too well about the constant maintenance of those cars. Completely satisfied w/the Coyote platform, so to me I made the right decision.

As far as the Camaro/Challenger I just prefer the Coyote Mustang with the DOHC with 32 valves.
The E92 M3 was a great car, but its eclipsed by the S550 GT, especially in the more performance oriented trims. There is literally nothing that car does better than the S550 except the back seats which could fit adults and I do believe it was lighter, but not by much and hardly noticeable. The big difference I notice is the lack of torque and the older feeling interior.

It's a worse car, and the maintenance as you also mention is an issue with all BMWs.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I keep hearing the ZL1 is beastly ridiculously fast. Most reviewers online say its too fast for public roads,
Don't believe anything you read or seen online until you've experienced it yourself. Lots of people have and agenda most of the stuff out there is biased.

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I put down Camaro, Supra and Challenger. I've test driven a couple Camaro SS's and a few Challengers. The Camaro was nice, decent power and looks, but just doesn't seem like it would be as easy to live with as a DD as the challenger or my current mustang. I'm 90% certain on getting a Challenger to replace my mustang. I just can't decide on what trim. The mustang has been a good car, but I've had 3 of them and just growing tired of its looks and want something different with a little more torque down low. I was going to get a scat pack with the dynamics package and a few other options, but am also thinking of a 1320, a low mileage used SRT or a wide body. What do you guys think? They all have their pluses and minuses. Btw, I'm leaning towards an octane with the ruby interior. One thing I wish Dodge offered was more interior colors or at least have the red interior available with more exterior colors.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I put down Camaro, Supra and Challenger. I've test driven a couple Camaro SS's and a few Challengers. The Camaro was nice, decent power and looks, but just doesn't seem like it would be as easy to live with as a DD as the challenger or my current mustang. I'm 90% certain on getting a Challenger to replace my mustang. I just can't decide on what trim. The mustang has been a good car, but I've had 3 of them and just growing tired of its looks and want something different with a little more torque down low. I was going to get a scat pack with the dynamics package and a few other options, but am also thinking of a 1320, a low mileage used SRT or a wide body. What do you guys think? They all have their pluses and minuses. Btw, I'm leaning towards an octane with the ruby interior. One thing I wish Dodge offered was more interior colors or at least have the red interior available with more exterior colors.

I didnt think the 6.4L Hemi has a lot of torque down low. It's an engine that makes power up high. The LT1 makes torque down low.
That and the reliability of FIAT/Chrysler products is crap - not sure of the 6.4L Chally's though.

The Challenger is simply too old to be interesting to me - the platform is from the late 90s. Too heavy. It's a great cruiser though.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I should add, I appreciate the GT350R but in that price point, the mid-engined C8 is going to dominate. Something new for me to lust after. I'll take one that looks like this!
Corvette Stingray 2020 (1).jpg
Corvette Stingray 2020 (2).jpg
Corvette Stingray 2020 (3).jpg
Corvette Stingray 2020 (4).jpg
Corvette Stingray 2020 (5).jpg
Corvette Stingray 2020.jpg

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I should add, I appreciate the GT350R but in that price point, the mid-engined C8 is going to dominate. Something new for me to lust after. I'll take one that looks like this!
Corvette Stingray 2020 (1).jpg
Corvette Stingray 2020 (2).jpg
Corvette Stingray 2020 (3).jpg
Corvette Stingray 2020 (4).jpg
Corvette Stingray 2020 (5).jpg
Corvette Stingray 2020.jpg
How much is your dream car as you optioned it out?

Sponsored
OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Prolly around 80K w Z51 and the middle tier interior. Nice thing with Vette's is one the initial interest dies down they have some great deals, these are not production limited cars. Either way, its a steal.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Honestly bro every other car is just Meh... to me...

I havent really seen any car I like as much as mine... Definitely none that I would trade mine for. I love the GT350 definitely want one but id never trade my car for one... I prefer to add it to the collection.

In all honesty a Ducati monster 1200 or triumph bobber is gonna be my next vehicle...

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I didnt think the 6.4L Hemi has a lot of torque down low. It's an engine that makes power up high. The LT1 makes torque down low.
That and the reliability of FIAT/Chrysler products is crap - not sure of the 6.4L Chally's though.

The Challenger is simply too old to be interesting to me - the platform is from the late 90s. Too heavy. It's a great cruiser though.
475 ft/lbs of torque and as far as I know it starts pretty low and has good mid range and decent top end too. The camaro is pretty much the same, a bit less hp and tq but its lighter. The mustang makes its power up high. The challengers motor and trans is pretty much bullet proof unless you put a supercharger on it with too much boost.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
8274140E-6C3E-45A1-834F-BA2190EBEB30.jpeg
New replacement for the Mustang, if I were inclined: Challenger 392 of some type. Probably a Scat Pack, maybe a 1320. Arguably last of a dying breed that doesn't seem to die. And that's great.

Complement: 1986 Mustang SVO. Weird pick, huh? Well, I wanted one in high school when they were new, and there was no way to swing one back then. Or a couple years later mired in college. And after that I sort of forgot about them until the last couple of years. If it weren't for home improvement projects, I'd be buying one this year. I'll get one eventually.

Of course, the list would be bigger if I had more garage space, but I only have three stalls available for non-drivers....
Here ya go! Buy mine $13k you won’t get those wheels and tires, but you’ll get a set of OEM SVO wheels with BFG g force tires.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
I picked “other”, Ive had several cars on that list. With the S550 the only other vehicle I needed is something for bad weather and towing my 17 GT to the track, so I also bought a 17 F150 3.5 eco, 10sp auto, lol! And let me tell you, stop light to stop light, in 4 wheel drive, sport mode and TC turned off, there not much that can touch it. It also tows amazingly, my previous tow rig was a power stroke, but this new f150 is much better.
Sponsored