Not quite cheating on your S550 (what cars have u thought about and why, why not)

Discussion in 'Ford Mustang versus?' started by valentinoamoro, Jun 7, 2019.

?

What others cars do you think of buying to replace/compliment your Stang

1. BMW M2 Competiton

16.4%
  2. BMW M3

16.4%
  3. Civic R

7.3%
  4. Hyundai Veloster N

3.6%
  5. Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor/Performance

3.6%
  6. GT350R (as most dont have it)

16.4%
  7. Camaro SS/1LE

16.4%
  8. Mazda Miata 2019+

10.9%
  9. Porsche Cayman/S

14.5%
  10. Kia Stinger/Genesis G70

5.5%
  11. Challenger/Charger SRT8/Hellcat

27.3%
  12. Golf R

5.5%
  13. Subaru STI

9.1%
  14. Lexus GSF/RCF

1.8%
  15. Corvette Stingrays

27.3%
  16. Others (specify in comments)

14.5%
  17. 2020 Supra

5.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cardude99

Cardude99 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Sam
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ecoboost
    0   0   0
    A 996 turbo is enticing however idk if I could tolerate the interior for daily use.

2. DekiDoo

DekiDoo Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT PP1
    0   0   0
    I had a Grand Sport on order until my wife told me she was preggers, and i needed a back seat in my car to throw the baby in there in a pinch. The Mustang is a good compromise, and strangely enough, I like it better than my Viper GTS and my Boss 302.

3. ahl395

ahl395 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Allan
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    The only other cars I've thought about buying are Corvette and GT-R. Aside from that I'd like a Veloster as my daily.

valentinoamoro likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    15 TY Mustang GT Premium PP
    0   0   0
    I used to have a Stage 2 Audi TT (for 6 years!). Loved it. If you dont mind limit understeer, it was a quick tiny car with solid traction. I found the FiST to be the most fun out of all of these choices.

Friend has one of them. The steering is not good, interior is absolutely junk, luggage capacity is rubbish. It's small and light, but thats about it. One of the worst generations of 911s.

Interested in hearing the differences between your S550 and the Boss 302. I liked the Boss (old interior aside) when I drove it, but find the newer gen to be a much much better handler, especially as the roads gets rougher. Feel more feedback too from the chassis.

Never warmed up to the GTR, its too stiff and heavy feeling! C7 is nice but I have a hard time driving it at the limit (too skittish). I prefer the Camaro over the Vette, except the visibility issues.

5. DekiDoo

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT PP1
    0   0   0
    Honestly man, I think the Boss was over rated. Maybe I expected too much after reading and watching all the reviews about how amazing it was. It just felt like a regular mustang to me, with light suspension and engine modifications. I found the side exhaust too quiet, and the body motions were not well controlled either. The car just left a lot to be desired. My modified 2011 5.0 was a lot more fun, and all it had was just Ford racing parts on it. The S550 is a better car in every way, and only people with a strong sense of nostalgia would say otherwise.

6. Hack

Hack Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2004 Z06
    0   0   0
    That's interesting. Most people on here who have Bosses seem to think they are awesome. I think you are the first person I have read saying anything else. I never bought a Boss 302 because the power increase didn't seem worth it to me, and at the time I wasn't thinking about road course stuff. I appreciate the honesty. I think many people will never say that they don't especially like something that they bought, because they don't want to admit they made a mistake.

DekiDoo and valentinoamoro like this.
  7. DekiDoo

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT PP1
    0   0   0
    I test drove it, and wasn't impressed, and I thought living with it would have made me love the car, but it just never happened. I even used it as a daily for a period of time. If someone owns one and they think it's the best mustang ever, more power to them. Maybe they know something I don't, or maybe im just an idiot who doesn't know good cars lol I just know my 18 is more fun than that boss ever was.

Hack likes this.