Not Quite As Limited As I Had Hoped

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Haven't seen another Mach 1 in the wild on major and minor highways between Northern Virginia and Massachusetts, and even down and back to Charlotte, NC (for Ford Performance Racing School - oh yeah!) since I took delivery on April 5th. Usually with a new car we spot EVERY one and seems like there's a lot others, but in this case, not a one.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Sure glad the lower splitter isn't CF.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
Haven't seen a M1 in either San Diego or Orange County yet...someone definitely bought a FJG from the same dealer with markup. GT350s are abundant here, as well as the occasional GT500. So I'm expecting to see quite a few.

When I picked up my mats, a few sales guys were drooling.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Here in the ā€œland of Mustangsā€œ and home of Mustang Week I have yet to see a Mach 1 In the wild. Same goes for a GT500. A rare GT350 or Bullitt. Go figure.
only one other I'm aware of in Greater Cincinnati / Northern KY area, a bone stock FJG. I've heard there's a blue one running around but yet to see. I'm the only one at my local cars & coffee, so very fun to get the attention

Sponsored

OP
OP
stageron

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I will never understand the notion of buying something based on what other people have.
It's more like buying something based on what other people DON'T have. For me it was based on the fact that the new Mach 1 is exactly what I was looking for. Not a regular Mustang and not a Shelby (which I thought was a little too much for every day street driving). Still a little something special with great features, great looks, great handling and a great street car with a classic name. Everything I wanted. I also like the idea of it being a limited edition...just wish it was a little more limited...lol

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
It's more like buying something based on what other people DON'T have. For me it was based on the fact that the new Mach 1 is exactly what I was looking for. Not a regular Mustang and not a Shelby (which I thought was a little too much for every day street driving). Still a little something special with great features, great looks, great handling and a great street car with a classic name. Everything I wanted. I also like the idea of it being a limited edition...just wish it was a little more limited...lol
Give it a few months and some of the new owners will (unfortunately) put their Mach 1s on the permanent disability list. I'm not looking forward to seeing the "Mach 1 fails" videos". Even the "Mustang fail" ones hurt!

Motorin Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M1355
I will never understand the notion of buying something based on what other people have.
Agree completely, If I like it, I buy it. Exclusivity does not mean a thing to me. I drive what I like, in the color I like and don't really care if I pass by the same exact car, cause I know they are lovin' theirs too.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Agree completely, If I like it, I buy it. Exclusivity does not mean a thing to me. I drive what I like, in the color I like and don't really care if I pass by the same exact car, cause I know they are lovin' theirs too.
Absolutely yes. I bought it because Mach 1 means something special to me. Which is why my order went in on the second day ordering was open! If I have helped others find an interest in this car, I'm delighted they choose to share in the joy this brings. And I hope to wave to them on the road some day. If we meet, that will be even better.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I couldn't agree more with what you said Mark.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
That's the aspect I don't get. Does someone else having the car or not change anything about what YOU like about it? The Mach1 is inherently cool because of both the heritage and the raw performance. Neither of those aspects change whether they make 1 or 1 million.
Yes and, it is the car that draws us, not what any of the fellow owners, wanna-be owners, or will-be owners make or don't make. One of the things I have long appreciated about Mustang owners is that the car has never been a status symbol. Symbol of appreciation of levels of performance? Yes. But status symbol? No. (Unlike the Corvette for which GM placed achieving supercar status over keeping any semblance of an affordable performance car. Good for them, but I wouldn't take any late model if you offered it to me for free. A classic Mako version, I'd take just because my wife likes those.

OP
OP
stageron

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
That's the aspect I don't get. Does someone else having the car or not change anything about what YOU like about it? The Mach1 is inherently cool because of both the heritage and the raw performance. Neither of those aspects change whether they make 1 or 1 million.
Absolutely not, if some else has it or not means nothing to me. I bought the car for all the reasons I stated above. I also liked the idea of it being a limited edition...numbered chassis, only a 1 or 2 year run. Less of them out there just makes it a little more special. Doesn't mean I would not have bought it if it wasn't a limited edition.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Absolutely not, if some else has it or not means nothing to me. I bought the car for all the reasons I stated above. I also liked the idea of it being a limited edition...numbered chassis, only a 1 or 2 year run. Less of them out there just makes it a little more special. Doesn't mean I would not have bought it if it wasn't a limited edition.
Well maybe move from LI to Southern NJ. Bet you wonā€˜t see to many down there.

Only kidding Mik, itā€™s past my bedtime. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

OP
OP
stageron

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
Well maybe move from LI to Southern NJ. Bet you wonā€˜t see to many down there.

Only kidding Mik, itā€™s past my bedtime. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
Really more surprised than anything else, since I've only seen 2 Bullitts and a few GT350's in the last 2 years I was surprised to see another Mach 1 so soon after they were out. I really love my car and I'm enjoying the Hell out of it which is all that really matters.
Sponsored