Sponsored

Not only was the GT 350 crushed by the C8....

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The C8 target was really the Ford GT. If you look at all the specs and performance figures you will see many similarities.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Too bad the C8 doesn't have a manual transmission. Without one it can never truly compete with the GT350.

Really they are just for different people. One of the greatest advantages of the GT350 is that it is hardened for track use (plus that amazing engine). The C8's advantages are stoplight 0-60 times and a removable top. Also, just being a mid engine V8 car is cool. So IMO the C8 is nearly perfect for Cars and Coffee. Very comfortable for street driving gently to the car show. If someone challenges you at a stop light you have plenty of traction and it doesn't take any skill to beat most cars 0-60. And when you get to the car show it is beautiful to show off to others.

Not that the GT350 isn't good for C&C, but the C8 is more optimized for it.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
C8 Z06 for me. I'll hold on to one I have for now.

Id like to wait for the ones who have a 350R and run the base GT500 and see what they say, as they are closest in price.

All this ā€œkillsā€ crap reminds me of back when I raced bikes. Reading forums how one brands new liter bike ā€œkilledā€ another brands because a pro rider was .07 faster. And the ones saying it was 45 seconds behind.

I saw a Ionic Silver GT500 the other day, paper tags on the highway. Iā€™ll admit it looks much better in person. I personally thought the front bumper belonged in a Nopi magazine from 1999 with Bomex across the front. But when I saw it roll by it was really eye catching... still my next car will still be a C8 GS most likely when it comes out..

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
OP, We all have to justify what we have and some will go down in flames before they admit there might be something better out there.
This is the point of my post.My previous thread had 1500 post all trying to say how the 350 was so much better than the C8 before one had been seen or driven. If subjectively you like the 350 better that is totally fine. I have paid silly money for many things in my life for things I just had to have. If you like something and can afford it great. My point is from the objective side. Now that there are real numbers to look at it is clear that the 350 is out performed by the C8, GT 500 and a well optioned GT in most categories. As they say the proof is in the pudding. Ford killed this car for a reason. My guess is that in the next year or two you will be able to pick these up on the used market for a bargain. Contrary to what you might think I am not on here just to start shit. I think everyone should drive what they love and love what they drive. My problem is when someone tries to make the 350 out to be some unbelievable super car. It is simply a mustang with factory upgrades that allow it to perform well on a road track nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote above. I agree with you.

This is the point of my post.My previous thread had 1500 post all trying to say how the 350 was so much better than the C8 before one had been seen or driven. If subjectively you like the 350 better that is totally fine. I have paid silly money for many things in my life for things I just had to have. If you like something and can afford it great. My point is from the objective side. Now that there are real numbers to look at it is clear that the 350 is out performed by the C8, GT 500 and a well optioned GT in most categories. As they say the proof is in the pudding. Ford killed this car for a reason. My guess is that in the next year or two you will be able to pick these up on the used market for a bargain. Contrary to what you might think I am not on here just to start shit. I think everyone should drive what they love and love what they drive. My problem is when someone tries to make the 350 out to be some unbelievable supper car. It is simply a mustang with factory upgrades that allow it to perform well on a road track nothing more and nothing less.

Sponsored

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

drc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 2015 Mustang GT- Sold
When shopping- I thought about the C8, even though I really like the look of the C7. Test drove a C7 and GT350...I ended up with a GT350. Iconic car...great engine....great exhaust note....handles well....May get a corvette in the future, but not today.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This is the point of my post.My previous thread had 1500 post all trying to say how the 350 was so much better than the C8 before one had been seen or driven. If subjectively you like the 350 better that is totally fine. I have paid silly money for many things in my life for things I just had to have. If you like something and can afford it great. My point is from the objective side. Now that there are real numbers to look at it is clear that the 350 is out performed by the C8, GT 500 and a well optioned GT in most categories. As they say the proof is in the pudding. Ford killed this car for a reason. My guess is that in the next year or two you will be able to pick these up on the used market for a bargain. Contrary to what you might think I am not on here just to start shit. I think everyone should drive what they love and love what they drive. My problem is when someone tries to make the 350 out to be some unbelievable super car. It is simply a mustang with factory upgrades that allow it to perform well on a road track nothing more and nothing less.
The GT350 always was a bargain. That's why people paid more than MSRP for them for several years. Just in the last year they have started to available at less than MSRP. Even more of a bargain. And yes used versions are less expensive than new. C8s will be available for less than MSRP probably by the end of the year.

I'm not going to say the C8 sucks. I think it's a good car. But the GT350 will out perform it on track. It won't be close. And the GT350 still outperforms the regular GT (PP2 included). And over the course of a long track day I wouldn't be surprised if the GT350 ends up very close to the GT500 or possibly surpassing the GT500. Of course it will depend on the track.

You are still trolling. You are posting unreasonably negative things about the GT350. You aren't even attempting to be unbiased.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Isnā€™t this thread just splintered off of the last I hate GT350 thread my dude posted? Itā€™s getting hard to keep up with whatā€™s not crushing the GT350 at this point.:giggle:

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The GT350 always was a bargain. That's why people paid more than MSRP for them for several years. Just in the last year they have started to available at less than MSRP. Even more of a bargain. And yes used versions are less expensive than new. C8s will be available for less than MSRP probably by the end of the year.

I'm not going to say the C8 sucks. I think it's a good car. But the GT350 will out perform it on track. It won't be close. And the GT350 still outperforms the regular GT (PP2 included). And over the course of a long track day I wouldn't be surprised if the GT350 ends up very close to the GT500 or possibly surpassing the GT500. Of course it will depend on the track.

You are still trolling. You are posting unreasonably negative things about the GT350. You aren't even attempting to be unbiased.
Not sure how the 350 out performs the C8 it was slower at Nurburging and would get it's ass handed to it on a drag strip. And saying it is better than a GT500 is just more opinion. As I said the proof is in the pudding. No trolling just don't get why it is so hard to believe that there are cars that cost less or the same that out perform a 350

Sponsored
OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Isnā€™t this thread just splintered off of the last I hate GT350 thread my dude posted? Itā€™s getting hard to keep up with whatā€™s not crushing the GT350 at this point.:giggle:
I don't hate 350s at all they are a great performance car. There just are some cars that are similar in price that out perform it. You are right that the number of cars that out perform it is growing. Maybe that is why Ford killed it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't hate 350s at all they are a great performance car. There just are some cars that are similar in price that out perform it. You are right that the number of cars that out perform it is growing. Maybe that is why Ford killed it.
Ford killed it because the motors kept shaking apart.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Not sure how the 350 out performs the C8 it was slower at Nurburging and would get it's ass handed to it on a drag strip. And saying it is better than a GT500 is just more opinion. As I said the proof is in the pudding. No trolling just don't get why it is so hard to believe that there are cars that cost less or the same that out perform a 350
The comic strip C8 should perform better its a mid engine Corvette. And which reviewed car that cost less has out performed? All the reviews I have seen the price as tested was well north of 80k.