Sponsored

Not only was the GT 350 crushed by the C8....

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
So not only was the 350 crushed by the C8 it was killed by the C8 and the GT 500. All the guessing about how these cars would perform is over. For the most part they have both lived up to their hype. It is a little silly to compare the C8 base to the GT 500. The C8 holds its own with a couple hundred less hp. Wait for the Z06 to come out then compare.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Trolling hard today, are we?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
This again?

In on one....

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
No trolling, before the GT 500 and C8 were out on the street it was all speculation and opinion. Now we can see the numbers are real. Ford would not kill the 350 if they thought it would fill a need and sell. There is not enough difference in performance from the GT anymore to justify the price. You may not like it or agree but the C8 and GT500 both out perform the 350 for the almost the same or slightly more money and now with the economy the way it is I doubt dealers will be adding anything to the stickers.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
C8 with Z51, and magnetic dampers and nothing else is a $67K car. After sitting in one and seeing it in person the car really needs the 2LT trim package for the PDR rear view camera and blind spot monitoring because the visibility out of it is worse than the 6th gen Camaro. Then it needs the front end lift. So now you are up to $74K+ range. Then you have to address the terrible stock wheels and small rear tires. I prefer the high spoiler. Now your up to well over $80K.

I had a deposit on one and cancelled because I just can’t justify $80K for this car the way I think it needs to be configured knowing in just a few years they will be 20-30% off MSRP. I paid 30% off MSRP for my loaded C7 Z51 that was owned by someone for 6 months and was in perfect condition.

When people say these cars are $60K they are lying to themselves. GM does not even approve the non-Z51 cars for the track (hello warranty denial if you track it).

That said it’s a heck of a car. I just refuse to get stuck with the huge depreciation of owning a Corvette and picked up a used 18 GT350 with 1400 miles for $49K. That was in November, you can get the same low mileage used GT350 for $42-45K now all day.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
So not only was the 350 crushed by the C8
Congrats to the ugliest POS corvette to ever roll outta the factory. I'll still take a GT350 any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Yeah, the C8 is seriously ugly. I'll keep my '66 C2 convertible, thank you.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Congrats to the ugliest POS corvette to ever roll outta the factory. I'll still take a GT350 any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Yeah, the C8 is seriously ugly. I'll keep my '66 C2 convertible, thank you.
Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Performance numbers are real, Both the GT500 and the C8 out perform a 350 even an R and the difference in price is small when spending 60K to 80K. If you like the 350 better that is fine to each his own. You may think it looks or sounds better, you may want a manual or a back seat all valid, but don't try to say it is a better performing car because it just isn't. When it comes to bang for the buck their is no comparison. The 350 had premiums on it to when it first came out they went away and so will the ones on the C8 and GT500 especially now. Look at the comparison of the 19 GT and 19 350 the GT out performed the 350 in several categories and was 2 seconds slower around the track which unless your tracking the car regularly is almost insignificant and it was 13K cheaper. So not only did the GT500 and the C8 kill the 350 so did the improvements made to the GT. The 350 will now become a great value on the used market similar to the C5 Z06 amazing performance and by the way pretty darn close to the performance of a 350 for around 20K. Certainly I could be all wrong on this, I do doubt that an over 100 year old multi billion dollar auto co got it wrong. There is a or many reasons why Ford killed the 350.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Performance numbers are real,
Just to be crystal clear, I said ugly. I never disputed the performance #'s.

Sponsored
OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be crystal clear, I said ugly. I never disputed the performance #'s.
To be even clearer you also said POS and the worst vette to ever roll out of the factory. So since we are talking about a performance car it makes sense to assume one that is a POS and worst ever does not perform well.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
To be even clearer you also said POS and the worst vette to ever roll out of the factory
Holy Mr Dyslexia "Congrats to the ugliest POS corvette to ever roll outta the factory." Is what I said.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP, These threads make me shake my head. You are on a Mustang forum, so pretty sure you know there is going to be hate about the C8 crushing the 350. We all have to justify what we have and some will go down in flames before they admit there might be something better out there. There are many that realize there are many outstanding cars out there. I am not a brand specific type of guy and can enjoy many different cars. On the Corvette forum, same thing goes on...heck they even argue about which generation Vette is the best.

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
There are many cars out there that are quicker, faster, etc than the GT350 for similar money. I know this, and I don't care.

Of all the choices I could have picked, both new or used, I still chose... the 350. The heart wants what it wants.

I don't care about numbers. I don't care about stats. There will always be someone quicker/faster. Those who are always concerned with one-upping the next guy, I just feel sad for them.

Enjoy your bench racing OP; I'll be enjoying the drive.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Id like to wait for the ones who have a 350R and run the base GT500 and see what they say, as they are closest in price.

All this “kills” crap reminds me of back when I raced bikes. Reading forums how one brands new liter bike “killed” another brands because a pro rider was .07 faster. And the ones saying it was 45 seconds behind.

I saw a Ionic Silver GT500 the other day, paper tags on the highway. I’ll admit it looks much better in person. I personally thought the front bumper belonged in a Nopi magazine from 1999 with Bomex across the front. But when I saw it roll by it was really eye catching... still my next car will still be a C8 GS most likely when it comes out..
Sponsored