Sponsored

Not only was the GT 350 crushed by the C8....

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
To be even clearer you also said POS and the worst vette to ever roll out of the factory. So since we are talking about a performance car it makes sense to assume one that is a POS and worst ever does not perform well.
Well seeing that you quoted me, I didn't say that and didn't call it a POS. I did say it was ugly and stand by that comment. The folks at the C1/C2 Corvette forum have heard it plenty, too. The C8 is an engineering masterpiece, but its an eyesore.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not sure how the 350 out performs the C8 it was slower at Nurburging and would get it's ass handed to it on a drag strip. And saying it is better than a GT500 is just more opinion. As I said the proof is in the pudding. No trolling just don't get why it is so hard to believe that there are cars that cost less or the same that out perform a 350
We don't have a GT350 time at Nurburgring and the C8 time there is not a stock car. You are reaching really hard to try to make this point. If you actually were correct with what you were saying you would have an easier time.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
The C8 target was really the Ford GT. If you look at all the specs and performance figures you will see many similarities.
Not true. My last 10 years at GM before I retired I led the Powertrain Industry and Competitor Intelligence team. The Corvette Team was one of the teams I worked directly with. I walked past Tadge Juechter’s and Ed Piatek’s offices on my way in and out every day and provided them with detail on their key competitors. Porsche 911, Ferrari 488, Audi R8, Acura NSX, McLaren 570. Ford GT was way down the line as a marginal competitor, meaning there are some aspects of the GT that were interesting for comparison, but it was by no means considered a direct competitor.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the past two years I have been working as an auto analyst at the world’s premiere automotive production and sales forecasting firm. We had originally expected the GT350 to end in 2018 with the introduction of the new GT500. GT500 got delayed and GT350 got extended. Now that GT500 is here, GT350 will wind down, as was originally expected in 2018.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats to the ugliest POS corvette to ever roll outta the factory. I'll still take a GT350 any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

You got that right :-)

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
For the past two years I have been working as an auto analyst at the world’s premiere automotive production and sales forecasting firm. We had originally expected the GT350 to end in 2018 with the introduction of the new GT500. GT500 got delayed and GT350 got extended. Now that GT500 is here, GT350 will wind down, as was originally expected in 2018.
The end of the GT350 production will be a low point in recent Ford performance. No NA version in the form of GT350 or Boss. Not everyone wants an auto sc setup. I sure hope that the Mach 1 offers more than just a bump on hp and decal package.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The end of the GT350 production will be a low point in recent Ford performance. No NA version in the form of GT350 or Boss. Not everyone wants an auto sc setup. I sure hope that the Mach 1 offers more than just a bump on hp and decal package.
Well, there is Bullitt and there will be Mach I and PP2 is not exactly a stinker, despite my frustration over Ford’s choice of tires over coolers.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
This is the point of my post.My previous thread had 1500 post all trying to say how the 350 was so much better than the C8 before one had been seen or driven. If subjectively you like the 350 better that is totally fine. I have paid silly money for many things in my life for things I just had to have. If you like something and can afford it great. My point is from the objective side. Now that there are real numbers to look at it is clear that the 350 is out performed by the C8, GT 500 and a well optioned GT in most categories. As they say the proof is in the pudding. Ford killed this car for a reason. My guess is that in the next year or two you will be able to pick these up on the used market for a bargain. Contrary to what you might think I am not on here just to start shit. I think everyone should drive what they love and love what they drive. My problem is when someone tries to make the 350 out to be some unbelievable super car. It is simply a mustang with factory upgrades that allow it to perform well on a road track nothing more and nothing less.
You seem to objectify the GT350 owners as snobby supercar wannabe owners. Also it’s not 2015-2018 anymore. That was years ago, people have been getting really good deals on used and new GT350/R models awhile now. I paid $50K out the door (taxes, dealer fees, extended warranty) in November of last year for an 18 GT350 with 1400 miles on it (Recaro, Electronics, Stripe, etc). Car still smelled new.

A decently equipped C8 and it GT500 are not even close to the same price range. Especially factoring in any markups.

Comparing a C8 to a GT350 is apples and oranges from a price perspective.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
So I wonder in 2022 how much a used 2020 C8 will cost? Not the 60K+. Comparing price on a used bought car to a new car is not realistic.

Sponsored

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
I love the C8, and would rather have the GT-350. Why? I fit better, the Voodoo is more fun, and the manual is more involving. I’ve never bought a car based on specs, and never will.

Now, if the C8 had a real manual....

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The end of the GT350 will have a serious impact on Mustang manual transmission sales and average driver age.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
So I wonder in 2022 how much a used 2020 C8 will cost? Not the 60K+. Comparing price on a used bought car to a new car is not realistic.
It’s complelty realistic. If you were,or are, shopping for cars right now or in the foreseeable future this is the cost. In a few years, sure it will be a different conversation and likely a whole new generation of Mustang to compare to.

I’m also not a fan at all of paying MSRP (or worse MSRP+ADM) for any Ford or GM product that we all know will depreciate once supple catches up with demand. And in this economy that might happen fast when production gets going again,

The C8 is a lot of car for the money but a gently used one for 20-30% off MSRP in a year or two is more what I will be paying.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Most people who got the C8 only paid MSRP when they did the order. Very few paid over. ADM for C8 is mostly on those at dealerships not already owned. When the GT350 came out did anyone really get it at MRSP in large numbers? I doubt it. When I bought my 2019 about 9 months ago they had a 350 there still with ADM. In 2 years a nice low mileage C8 will be around 50K or so also, since the Z06 and probably news of the Zr1 coming out.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The C8 is an engineering masterpiece, but its an eyesore.
Yeah, I'm not too crazy about the design of the C8 as well.
Really dislike the rear end and the center control strip. That steering wheel looks stupid in my opinion, as does the old school Borla square exhaust tips. :crazy: :crackup:
Sponsored