Sponsored

North GA area reliable Ford dealer and service advisor

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Hi guys,

I am looking for a dealer to get a field service action done on my GT350 in the north GA area. I had prior experience with at least 2 dealerships and it was terrible (terrible in like joyriding and/or damage the car ball park).
I am definitely willing to travel a reasonable distance for a good dealer and service advisor and looking for some suggestions.

Thanks!
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've put a hold on getting services done, especially in virus hotspot areas.....my work has put Atlanta and the surrounding 100 miles off-limits for travel.

I do know of a great dealership but they are located in South Georgia; Woody Folsom Ford in Baxley, GA.

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I've put a hold on getting services done, especially in virus hotspot areas.....my work has put Atlanta and the surrounding 100 miles off-limits for travel.

I do know of a great dealership but they are located in South Georgia; Woody Folsom Ford in Baxley, GA.
I was not going to service the car now. Just trying to get some ideas, since last time I tried it, I did not get any suggestions. Thanks for the tip on Woody Folsom Ford.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Definitely not AutoNation Ford in Marietta.

Oddly the best dealer service experience I've had is with Carmax. They replaced a condenser in the Wife's Fusion under their 90 day warranty. They were courteous, quick and, except for the ac working again, I couldn't tell the car had been touched.

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Definitely not AutoNation Ford in Marietta.

Oddly the best dealer service experience I've had is with Carmax. They replaced a condenser in the Wife's Fusion under their 90 day warranty. They were courteous, quick and, except for the ac working again, I couldn't tell the car had been touched.
Thanks for the tip. I will add them to the ever growing black list :) Unfortunately for me it needs to be a Ford dealer because I am dealing with a field service action.

Sponsored

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Picking this up again now that things are slowly getting better. Any recommendations from any of you guys? I have 2 warranty issues that need to be taken care of.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Akins Ford is supposed to be good. They were booked out a couple of months when I called them back in March.

Picking this up again now that things are slowly getting better. Any recommendations from any of you guys? I have 2 warranty issues that need to be taken care of.

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Akins Ford is supposed to be good. They were booked out a couple of months when I called them back in March.
Thanks! Their reviews are very good!

Did you deal with their service department in the past?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I only spoke with them over the phone and they were reassuring but just couldn't get me in. I ended up driving the 2.5 hours south and got great service with the tech taking me out to my car and explaining what he was doing and after he had supercharger off, he brought me in again to show me the knock sensor he was replacing. The manager of the dealership even spent time talking to me. they had a lot of new Roush Mustangs, Saleen, and a GT500 they allowed me to check out. They even gave me a car to drive for the couple of hours they were repairing mine. That's what I call service.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Tidwell Ford is over in my neck of the woods. I've only been there a couple of times, and that was with my Focus ST. It was just for a recall and a horn fix.

There are some good and bad reviews online, but I try to take what I read with a grain of salt. Haven't heard anyone bad mouth them, but I don't get out much. lol

Sponsored
OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Tidwell Ford is over in my neck of the woods. I've only been there a couple of times, and that was with my Focus ST. It was just for a recall and a horn fix.

There are some good and bad reviews online, but I try to take what I read with a grain of salt. Haven't heard anyone bad mouth them, but I don't get out much. lol
What I found that works best is if you know the tech or service advisor it goes a lot smoother/better, Can you recommend anybody over there?

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
What I found that works best is if you know the tech or service advisor it goes a lot smoother/better, Can you recommend anybody over there?
Pretty sure I have the service managers card on my desk at work. I'll check tomorrow.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I can't confidently recommend the advisor. Only can say my two visits were good. Can't say I've built a relationship with him either. His name is Joe Wilson. I see he has a few scathing reviews, so there is that as well. Wish I could be more helpful than that.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Hi guys,

I am looking for a dealer to get a field service action done on my GT350 in the north GA area. I had prior experience with at least 2 dealerships and it was terrible (terrible in like joyriding and/or damage the car ball park).
I am definitely willing to travel a reasonable distance for a good dealer and service advisor and looking for some suggestions.

Thanks!
Akins Ford, it’s in a one horse town called Winder. Woody Folsom is awesome. I ordered my car from them. You would be great with either of those two.
Sponsored