Sponsored

Normal vs. Sport Mode = totally different car

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
I normally drive in Sport mode and the other day as I was out driving the car and it felt sluggish. Just didn't have the throttle response and power I was used to. Realized I was in normal mode and was surprised of the much noticeable difference between the two. Actually was disappointed in normal mode.
Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Normal is good for relaxing & cruising and saving gas, or you are stuck in traffic. I relate it to ECO mode in other cars. Sport is definitely the 'default' driving mode that every Mustang should be in at the least.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Normal mode gives me about 4 more mpg than sport mode. I don't really care, as I prefer sport mode, but I have to use normal mode when my wife is in the car. Otherwise, she gets upset if even the shadow of my foot touches the gas pedal. Don't take an old lady with you if you want to enjoy driving your car... any car!

Sponsored

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I had forgotten about other modes than sport. As far scaring the wife; well sometimes things are necessary... But I've had to turn down a few temptations while she was in the car.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I normally drive in Sport mode and the other day as I was out driving the car and it felt sluggish. Just didn't have the throttle response and power I was used to. Realized I was in normal mode and was surprised of the much noticeable difference between the two. Actually was disappointed in normal mode.
Normal mode is the "eco" mode for better MPG. The Sport mode/ S+ mode with traction control off really wakes the car up! Now if you tune your car, you're even looking at more power and more enjoyability. These GTs LOVE modifications.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I recently got the Ford Performance tune/calibration with the new throttle body so I could keep my warranty. Normal mode now drives like it should have from the start. Smooth shifts and not sluggish at all. Before I couldn't stand normal.

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3993 traded. 2022 MACH 1
Normal mode gives me about 4 more mpg than sport mode. I don't really care, as I prefer sport mode, but I have to use normal mode when my wife is in the car. Otherwise, she gets upset if even the shadow of my foot touches the gas pedal. Don't take an old lady with you if you want to enjoy driving your car... any car!
:crackup: your not alone .... my sweetie is a little more tolerant..... but when I get the "look" ... that's the end of that, back to chill drive. :crackup:

The car definitely comes alive in Sport+ mode. Dont really use Track mode.

Last edited:

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had forgotten about other modes than sport. As far scaring the wife; well sometimes things are necessary... But I've had to turn down a few temptations while she was in the car.
:crackup:

Sponsored

White_Bear_92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Base 10 speed
I agree 100%. Entirely different vehicle.

A10 with 3.15's. Drive is extremely tame and the car is super relaxed. It can be nice at times in my opinion for when I want to lazily fart around and not draw too much attention.

Sport mode is like a dog seeing you grab the leash. "Let's go let's go let's go!".

I think they're both mapped pretty well for stock tune modes and enjoy both depending on the circumstances.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Normal is not the new normal.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I recently got the Ford Performance tune/calibration with the new throttle body so I could keep my warranty. Normal mode now drives like it should have from the start. Smooth shifts and not sluggish at all. Before I couldn't stand normal.
How do you go about getting this tune? I’d love to tune mine - but I also want to keep my factory warranty.
Do you have any videos on how much different it shifts in normal mode?

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree 100%. Entirely different vehicle.

A10 with 3.15's. Drive is extremely tame and the car is super relaxed. It can be nice at times in my opinion for when I want to lazily fart around and not draw too much attention.

Sport mode is like a dog seeing you grab the leash. "Let's go let's go let's go!".

I think they're both mapped pretty well for stock tune modes and enjoy both depending on the circumstances.
Our 6 speed manual with 3.73 feels the same as above in normal... nice cruising, Sport+ is ready to move out.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
How do you go about getting this tune? I’d love to tune mine - but I also want to keep my factory warranty.
Do you have any videos on how much different it shifts in normal mode?
Various vendors sell it online including ford performance themselves. I got mine from Levittown Ford Parts. Problem is they are so popular they sell out fast then end up in backorder for months. I got lucky when I got mine.
All you have to do is have a Ford dealer or have an ase licensed mechanic install it to keep the warranty.
Theres really no videos on it except for 1 that I've found.
Sponsored