Sponsored

NorCal Cruse to Lake Berryessa, CA - December 11, 2016

GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Anyone have any tire suggestions to replace the stock PP pzeroes? Debating going up to 265 in front. Id love to do square, but 275 seems too wide for the 9in wheel in front. Mostly spirited street driving, maybe a track day or two.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Anyone have any tire suggestions to replace the stock PP pzeroes? Debating going up to 265 in front. Id love to do square, but 275 seems too wide for the 9in wheel in front. Mostly spirited street driving, maybe a track day or two.
Lots of suggestions but if your interested in going square see if you can score another set of rear PP wheels and go 285 square.

As far as rubber goes, there are so many options it seems. I'm gonna TRY to be good and save up for a set of MPSS or its replacement, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4.
If not, maybe a continental extreme sport DW? :shrug:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/What-is-happening-to-the-Michelin-Pilot-Super-Sport.htm

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=148

Let me know what you get and what you think of them, I'm always open to new ideas.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Those things are beautiful haha. Someone convince me not to spend my new years bonus on some track wheels/tires...

How do you like the MT Street Comps? I've been reading some decent things about the Firehawk Indy 500s, they're rebranded bridgestone RE-somethings. Super cheap, like 160/tire for stock sizes. Not sure how they'll hold up at the track though.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Those things are beautiful haha. Someone convince me not to spend my new years bonus on some track wheels/tires...

How do you like the MT Street Comps? I've been reading some decent things about the Firehawk Indy 500s, they're rebranded bridgestone RE-somethings.
Super cheap, like 160/tire for stock sizes. Not sure how they'll hold up at the track though.
Good luck with the spending, Ive been like a damn kid in a candy store lately.

About the tires, they are ok. The reason I bought them is that they were cheap and I had a real hard time find the proper sizes that I wanted when I bought my new wheels.
MPSS's were on a nationwide backorder at the time and I got impatient with tire rack. I bought the MT's from American Muscle and they were here in a few days with free shipping.

I learned a lot with these MT's. Although great for street use, they've left me wanting something more for the track.

I dont have experience with the Indy 500's but there's a dude here on the forum that swears by them.

Sponsored

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Soon....

Speed SF will start running T-Hill in Feb, NCRC in March, and SCCA Track Night likely in April.

Watson 4pt roll bar, rear seat delete, fixed-back racing seats, and 6pt harnesses should go in on Monday :headbang:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Watson 4pt roll bar, rear seat delete, fixed-back racing seats, and 6pt harnesses should go in on Monday :headbang:
Niiiice...
FAST-GROCERIES-650x382.jpg
Sponsored