NorCal Cruse to Lake Berryessa, CA - December 11, 2016

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I know that a bunch of us in the Sacramento area have been talking about a local event for a while...so I will take the initiative and create one.

I was thinking about going for a cruise to Lake Berryessa this Sunday anyways. Looks like a nice drive with a couple of twisty roads thrown in. There is supposedly a good Italian restaurant at 4310 Knoxville Rd. Lake Berryessa, CA 94558...we can stop and have lunch here and then head back.

We will meet at the Starbucks at 1429 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818 at 8:00 and leave at 8:50.

Looking forward to meeting people.

:ford:
Sponsored

Glacierbrew907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I used to live in Davis and would drive out to the lake all the time. It's a fun drive, enjoy!

GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ah man, I have lunch plans tomorrow so I won't be able to make the drive. Count me in to come meet up and hang out before you guys leave though.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Ah man, I have lunch plans tomorrow so I won't be able to make the drive. Count me in to come meet up and hang out before you guys leave though.
Looks like it might just be the two of us at the moment (at least meeting in the morning)...hopefully more sign-ups and responses will happen soon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I used to live in Davis and would drive out to the lake all the time. It's a fun drive, enjoy!
No kidding, same here.

Totally down for this. Depending on whats going on i might meet up in sac or at berryessa (live in the northbay).

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
No kidding, same here.

Totally down for this. Depending on whats going on i might meet up in sac or at berryessa (live in the northbay).
Only thing I am worried about is that the forecast is calling for rain on that day...so we will have to see if rescheduling is in order. But if people want to come with me tomorrow to "scope" the route...more than happy for people want to tag along :)

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Only thing I am worried about is that the forecast is calling for rain on that day...so we will have to see if rescheduling is in order. But if people want to come with me tomorrow to "scope" the route...more than happy for people want to tag along :)
Good call on the weather. I would love to fo tomorrow but I'm on dad duty all day(wife @ work).

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
I'd be down for dec 11th. I have yet to go to any car meets or cruises with my mustang. Ill be coming from Vallejo.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I'd be down for dec 11th. I have yet to go to any car meets or cruises with my mustang. Ill be coming from Vallejo.
Great...lets keep our fingers crossed that the weather holds.

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Dang, I want to go, but my car is scheduled for suspension work that weekend. I am going to see if I can get it done early to make it out :lol:

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Scouting report: first avoid downtown Sacramento today whatever you do. It is a nightmare due to the Folsom marathon.

As for the cruise route itself, it's very pleasant. There's a 20 mile stretch that is through farmland with one or two gentle curves. Gas stations are not frequent in the area but there is a Chevron close to where the climb into the mountains starts. Same can be said about cellular service...spotty if not completely nonexistent.

The mountain portion of the route is nice and twisty. There are some bicyclists and motorcycles, but the road is not too crowded. Police and radar traps are sparse (at least that is the observation from this morning)...but the amount of curves prevent people from going too fast. This should be a fun drive and the route might be extended further north for more fun in the twisty's before lunch.

This is of course assuming the weather holds. At the moment, I am shooting for us to head-out at 8:50 am.

Mandatory driver's meeting is at 8:45 am.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Dang, I want to go, but my car is scheduled for suspension work that weekend. I am going to see if I can get it done early to make it out :lol:
Good luck...where are you getting the work done?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
In my garage lol. Finally have some time to get to it or at least some of it.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
In my garage lol. Finally have some time to get to it or at least some of it.
Well don't rush it on account of this cruise...depending on how people react to this one and/or if it is rescheduled...I will probably drum up a couple of other ideas for future cruises.

Safety and correctly installing your suspension components is more important to me than you rushing the install just to make the cruise. BTW, what are you installing?
Sponsored