Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Ok. how about we set Saturday Nov.13th. Since you all are heading my way, how about we take a nice back roads cruise to Pescadero and back to town up the highway. Not sure if we should if it rains. Maybe meet about 9:00am at a shopping center right by the highway, there's a Pete's Coffee and a Dunkin Donuts in that center. We'd be back before lunch. What do you think?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Something like this?

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 10.59.36 AM.png

I've done CA-84 from La Honda down to San Gregorio. It's a good drive. How is Pescadero Creek Rd from Pescadero to La Honda? It looks fun and twisty but if it's no good for some reason (e.g., one lane sections, broken pavement, etc.) then maybe we come back up the mountain at San Gregorio?

Drafty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R
I did a coastal cruise (might be more accurate to call it a sprint...) of my own recently. šŸ‘Œ Great way to see the sunrise...

original_44bd2c10-db6f-4fa0-aed2-7beb9bc1790d_PXL_20211009_150545306.jpg
Man you are really getting out there. Nice

11/12 or 11/13 works for me.

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Something like this?

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 10.59.36 AM.png

I've done CA-84 from La Honda down to San Gregorio. It's a good drive. How is Pescadero Creek Rd from Pescadero to La Honda? It looks fun and twisty but if it's no good for some reason (e.g., one lane sections, broken pavement, etc.) then maybe we come back up the mountain at San Gregorio?

Was thinking of something shorter since this is my first trying to organize it. Hwy.1 to Stage Road, that goes all the way into downtown Pescadero, then back up Hwy.1. All total witha stop in Pescadero maybe an hour and a half. I figure most of you have to drive just to get over here, so shorter here seemed a bit better. That said, I'm open...

Sponsored

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Personally, I'd rather find a route with more twisties so we can put the capabilities of these sports cars to use.

Seb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiaan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
I probably wonā€™t be able to make it the weekend of the 13th.

I am very much interested in participating in any future outings, so letā€™s keep this thread going!

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Personally, I'd rather find a route with more twisties so we can put the capabilities of these sports cars to use.
Understood. One "issue" with doing that on these roads on a Saturday is that everyone else is doing the same thing. Motorcycles, bicycles, people with horrible little cars (Like Chevys) all testing their capabilities, all pushing the limits of common sense. People die regularly on these exact roads doing this stuff. Usually I drive them on week days, and that's iffy enough. The route I'm proposing is twisty and even narrow down to one lane in some places, but its a real back road. I've ridden it on my bike many times, and just drove it a couple of weeks ago. Again, all that said, I'm open. Skyline (Hwy.35) is a great road, but can be a bit busy on the weekends. But what you posted is a very nice loop. Anybody else have any input on this??

Route map here...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/New...8df0ae424!2m2!1d-122.4319331!2d37.4688427!3e0

Drafty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R
I'm down for playing it safe. Bicyclists make me noivous.

FYI I might film all us cars to create a video.

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I'm down for playing it safe. Bicyclists make me noivous.

FYI I might film all us cars to create a video.
Yeah! I look really good on video... šŸ˜

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I think Iā€™m free that day. Yes, letā€™s keep it low key and avoid some of the roads popular with cyclists. By that time of the morning many riders will be all over those roads like Stage, Tunitas, etc. Definitely want to enjoy the cruise and meeting everyone, less focused on wringing the car out on the twisties.

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
As we get a little closer we'll dial in the details...

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
If I can get out of kiddo duty on the weekend I am in. I am also down for more twisty than straight highway cruise.

Pescadero to 84 is a great drive, with a small section of residential/park low speeds, and some tight twisty bumpy sections, but which are totally doable.

Regarding traffic on the road -> I'm up in those mountains every weekend I can get out of kid duty, and since I migrated from motorcycles to cars, I aim for starting around 7:30 for EXACTLY this reason. I am usually finishing up my drive around 9:00 when all the traffic starts coming out.

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
If I can get out of kiddo duty on the weekend I am in. I am also down for more twisty than straight highway cruise.

Pescadero to 84 is a great drive, with a small section of residential/park low speeds, and some tight twisty bumpy sections, but which are totally doable.

Regarding traffic on the road -> I'm up in those mountains every weekend I can get out of kid duty, and since I migrated from motorcycles to cars, I aim for starting around 7:30 for EXACTLY this reason. I am usually finishing up my drive around 9:00 when all the traffic starts coming out.
Check the route map I posted, it's a combo of highway and backroads. Also check out the map posted by Mr. Maboomba, a little longer, much of it on Skyline. (Hwy 35)

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Check the route map I posted, it's a combo of highway and backroads. Also check out the map posted by Mr. Maboomba, a little longer, much of it on Skyline. (Hwy 35)
Yup, looks cool! Honestly, everything in that area is great. Stage was a favorite of mine in the moto days.
Sponsored