JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
Thanks Chris, I just ordered mine from Summit racing since Steeda was out. $161
Careful, there are 2 model #'s on the FP Oil Separator if getting from someone other than the Amazon link you sent.
Order with A50A at the end of part# NOT A50.
Do I really need the oil separator? Worth it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Do I really need the oil separator? Worth it?
No you probably don’t need it but do some research and I doubt you’ll decide not too. 160$ for piece of mind that my motor will last longer without nearly as much carbon build up is worth it to me.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
No you probably don’t need it but do some research and I doubt you’ll decide not too. 160$ for piece of mind that my motor will last longer without nearly as much carbon build up is worth it to me.
CJ Pony and Summit both are scared of California:

1619129886397.png

Sponsored

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Remember that 5.0s, 2018 and up, are direct and port injected. Port injection will wash a lot of oil from the intake valve. I have read that the blow by oil will lower the octane of your gas. If you drive 1000 miles at 20MPG that's 315 pounds (5040 oz.) of gas if you catch 3 oz. of oil. I cant believe that small amount of oil will lower the octane much.
I am pretty sure that Ford has tested the Mustang 5.0 to well over 100K miles with out a catch can. There is certainly no down side to having one, but Ford is picking up the tab for the first 60K. If they felt it necessary, they would have added one.
Lee

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
CJ Pony and Summit both are scared of California:

1619129886397.png
They simply aren't willing to play games with California or risk any sort of lawsuit from CARB. I don't blame them one bit.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
They simply aren't willing to play games with California or risk any sort of lawsuit from CARB. I don't blame them one bit.
How in the Hell does this have anything to do with emissions?
This country is starting to really annoy me!

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Yep, they want you to jump through all the hoops and pay a gob of money in order to get an E.O. for something that if anything increase air quality by redirecting oil that would be burnt in the combustion chamber producing worse emissions, or deposited in your intake manifold or on a valve, lowering your engine's efficiency, to a collector, so you can recycle it. Makes perfect sense, only in the People's Republic of California.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Yep, they want you to jump through all the hoops and pay a gob of money in order to get an E.O. for something that if anything increase air quality by redirecting oil that would be burnt in the combustion chamber producing worse emissions, or deposited in your intake manifold or on a valve, lowering your engine's efficiency, to a collector, so you can recycle it. Makes perfect sense, only in the People's Republic of California.
I live in California and had no problem getting my JLT can

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
CATCH CAN -

WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY - STOP IT ...
Sponsored