Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Did the Ford performance oil catch can today.

F03FA8AD-143E-41F0-8F7B-D6EB6842ECC0.jpeg

OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
My car cover finally arrived today after waiting over 3 weeks. Little disappointed that it says 2019 mustang bullitt on the box. Yup it’s a bullitt car cover. I mean the bullitt is a great car too but I was under the impression that I’d be getting a Mach 1 cover or at least just a blank one. Come on Ford this was made for the bullitt

B909E78E-5D02-4D4C-AA59-B310478C29D8.jpeg

BA55909A-C523-4B43-B791-C4214DCF0C4A.jpeg

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Do you happen to have a link to that Oil Catch Can?
Yeah- here you go.

2018-2021 Mustang GT Ford... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRXW4DW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Also, even with my regular driving and only 400 miles. It’s already caught oil(small amount-maybe 3ml or so). I saw a post somewhere on here that the Mach 1 shouldn’t really need one and they would spend that money on other mods. But I can say it’s catching oil that I would rather not go back into my engine. True- it won’t give you any added horse power but I’m planning on keeping my car forever and don’t want the extra build up that might be bad later in its life. I also don’t notice nearly as much soot if at all on my exhaust tips as compared to the first 500 miles that I put on the car without the oil separator.
Do what you want but 159$ in the long term is worth it to me.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Yeah- here you go.

2018-2021 Mustang GT Ford... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRXW4DW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Also, even with my regular driving and only 400 miles. It’s already caught oil(small amount-maybe 3ml or so). I saw a post somewhere on here that the Mach 1 shouldn’t really need one and they would spend that money on other mods. But I can say it’s catching oil that I would rather not go back into my engine. True- it won’t give you any added horse power but I’m planning on keeping my car forever and don’t want the extra build up that might be bad later in its life. I also don’t notice nearly as much soot if at all on my exhaust tips as compared to the first 500 miles that I put on the car without the oil separator.
Do what you want but 159$ in the long term is worth it to me.
I was looking at all these and like the Ford the best being factory. Is it a hassle to dump the oil? On most others the reservoir just unscrews while with the Ford you need to take out some screws?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I was looking at all these and like the Ford the best being factory. Is it a hassle to dump the oil? On most others the reservoir just unscrews while with the Ford you need to take out some screws?
Yeah the lid is screwed down but it’s not a big deal to unscrew. I guess any catch will work. But like you I wanted the Ford part. It fits perfectly like it was meant to be there.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Yeah the lid is screwed down but it’s not a big deal to unscrew. I guess any catch will work. But like you I wanted the Ford part. It fits perfectly like it was meant to be there.
It looks good too, I like that it's mounted instead of hanging there. Thanks for posting about your mods and experiences with your Mach 1. With mine not being delivered for awhile, I get my fix from all y'all that are driving and modding.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Question that may be irrelevant (I do that). The oil catch can isn’t yet approved for the Mach 1 by Ford. So, I think that would void the warranty?

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Grey Smoke,
Do you need to modify any thing or is it plug and play?
Lee

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
wish this was like my Shelby where it doesn't need to be dumped, it drains it back into oil system
Sponsored