Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Question that may be irrelevant (I do that). The oil catch can isn’t yet approved for the Mach 1 by Ford. So, I think that would void the warranty?

I would trust doing anything to your car has potential to void your warranty I’ve heard some good stories and bad with warranty claims. But it’s a easy hose you can take off with one hand. Just keep the other hose Incase you need to swap it back for whatever reason. After seeing the oil it caught I’m convinced it’s better to have then not.

Grey Smoke,
Do you need to modify any thing or is it plug and play?
Lee
Really easy. Just one stem bolt for mounting to the cam cover and a couple quick clip plugs. Here’s a link to the instructions. They don’t specify Mach 1 but it does for the bullitt which is identical.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/media/images/install-pdf/install_m6766a50a.pdf

wish this was like my Shelby where it doesn't need to be dumped, it drains it back into oil system
Yeah that would be cool to have it drain back. I found a video of a newer gt350 and it’s the same as mine but it clips on the cam cover instead of changing out a bolt. He did the driver side too but didn’t get any oil in that side.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Grey-Smoke did you do the catch can on one side or both? I feel like I’ve seen some people run driver and passenger side cans but I’m not sure they are both necessary

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Grey-Smoke did you do the catch can on one side or both? I feel like I’ve seen some people run driver and passenger side cans but I’m not sure they are both necessary
I did the passenger side , check it about once a month it always has a couple of table spoons of oil in it

OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I did passenger side only.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I would trust doing anything to your car has potential to void your warranty I’ve heard some good stories and bad with warranty claims. But it’s a easy hose you can take off with one hand. Just keep the other hose Incase you need to swap it back for whatever reason. After seeing the oil it caught I’m convinced it’s better to have then not.

Really easy. Just one stem bolt for mounting to the cam cover and a couple quick clip plugs. Here’s a link to the instructions. They don’t specify Mach 1 but it does for the bullitt which is identical.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/media/images/install-pdf/install_m6766a50a.pdf

Yeah that would be cool to have it drain back. I found a video of a newer gt350 and it’s the same as mine but it clips on the cam cover instead of changing out a bolt. He did the driver side too but didn’t get any oil in that side.

Hey, I just got off phone with Ford Performance (really great guys there) and asked about the Oil Catch Can and Warrantee. He contacted the Engineer and they are going to update their site to include the Mach 1 and no worries. The engineer also said that having that is a good idea (so there you go)!

"
It will not affect warranty. It actually helps the engine because it keeps the oil blow-by from re-entering the air charge. The oil getting back into the manifold can lower the octane rating of the fuel charge and cause pinging.
"

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hey, I just got off phone with Ford Performance (really great guys there) and asked about the Oil Catch Can and Warrantee. He contacted the Engineer and they are going to update their site to include the Mach 1 and no worries. The engineer also said that having that is a good idea (so there you go)!

"
It will not affect warranty. It actually helps the engine because it keeps the oil blow-by from re-entering the air charge. The oil getting back into the manifold can lower the octane rating of the fuel charge and cause pinging.
"
That’s cool. Thanks for the update!
I wonder if you have to have a certified mechanic install it though to be totally legit since you have to take a bolt out of the cam cover and replace it with the stem bolt.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I wonder if you have to have a certified mechanic install it though to be totally legit since you have to take a bolt out of the cam cover and replace it with the stem bolt.
I'll reach out to one of my buddies in the performance group (tomorrow, I don't want to abuse their kindness) and let you know.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I did my own install. Two beer/3 slice pizza operation ................ :clap:

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
They updated the product page and it now explicitly says for the Mach 1.

Performance Parts Oil Catch Can

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I got mine from JLT took ten min to install
The issue though is that the JLT isn't OEM, so if you need work done at a Ford shop, remove it or your warrantee may be voided...

The one I referenced is approved.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
The issue though is that the JLT isn't OEM, so if you need work done at a Ford shop, remove it or your warrantee may be voided...

The one I referenced is approved.
Been to Ford twice no problem, however i was told to take it off when I go for a smog test

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
An oil catch can will not cause problem that will void your warranty. Ford has to prove that the part caused the warranty issue. If it fell off on the road it would only trip a check engine light. If it stopped working and let oil pass you are back to the way ford sent it out. If in doubt keep the OEM hose and put it back on. I like the JLT, it looks like it is easy to empty.
Lee

OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
51CB423B-88E6-4725-B133-E5C7400C3594.jpeg
Had a good weekend with the family. We met up with about 185 other Mustangs’s on national mustang day for a cruise and show near Santa Cruz.
After the car show we drove through the twisty redwood forest roads up towards Saratoga through Ben lomand and boulder creek. So much fun.
Sponsored