Sponsored

Noob Tune Questions

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Hi guys,
I tried to find some of this info but wasn't able to. Any help would be appreciated.
Looking at an E85 tune. I'm in CA and 93 is not available so I may be switching from E85 and 91.
I believe I need two tunes to get the most out of these fuels correct?
I read I won't get the same mileage with E85. What have you guys been seeing in the real world?
It's about $1.30 cheaper here than 91 so it's still probably worth it, and there's 2 stations nearby that sell it.

Now for what's probably a dumb question- what happens to the modes when you get a tune? Normal, sport, track, wet...do these change? How are the modes effected by the tune?

Thanks all, appreciate all the help this forum has offered as I get into the Mustang world (I grew up driving a '53 F-100 w/ 351W and an '89 Bronco, so the Mustang is a new one for me)
Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a Flex Fuel tune by Rob Shoemaker (HP Tuner software) you don’t have to have two tunes for E85 and regular gas. It is probably a good idea to run out whatever is in your tank before you switch fuel types. I’ve never had any issues going back and forth. As far as your driving modes go, they still work the same way as before. Rob has now joined forces with Ken Bjonnes at Palm Beach Dyno. Rob’s tunes are second to none as his customer service is absolutely top-notch. No filling out forms for tunes or updates. Just email him and let him know what you want and he will take care of you. Good luck with your mods!

OP
OP
HeavyMetalMonk

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Easy! Thanks brother!
Sponsored