Sponsored

Noob Questions! 2016 Ecoboost Premium w/Performance Pack - 100% Stock Automatic

Costcocombo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hello,

I have a few questions about my recent purchase from CarMax. I'm picking it up this weekend via a transfer from another state and I've never given it a test drive. I've test-driven a 2018 Ecoboost Premium however. Are they similar? Do the exhaust modes on the 2016 model actually make the exhaust louder? such as Track mode? Does it create a crackle/pop sound? Is the Shaker audio amazing? Do you think I'll have the pony lights? Does the 2016 come standard with HID headlights/taillights? Is there anything i should test to make sure nothing is wrong with the car? Anyone have experience with CarMax? In the near future, i would like a new exhaust that sounds not too loud with the crackle when you rev it. Any recs? What's a good place to have someone install it?

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/pX69Jnr

Sorry for all the noob/stupid questions and thank you in advance!
Sponsored

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
I didn't think the PP cars had an auto option in 2016. Strange. Also, active exhaust wasn't an option in 2016. Yes, you'll have HID headlights/LED taillights.

Last edited:

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Agreed that the Performance Pack wasn't offered on autos, so it probably doesn't have that. Depending on what '18 you drove, that may make a difference, mostly in the handling and ride. If the '18 you drove had an automatic transmission, then it was a 10-speed and the '16 will have a 6-speed, so that will be different.

I bought a car from Carmax years ago, and they were pretty good to deal with. They don't usually have the cheapest price, but they do offer a few things, like return options, and things, which can make it worth the extra money.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The EB/PP is offered with auto, I have one. The Pony lights will be present, no exhaust crackles for the stock exhaust, the Shaker pro is loud and clear. The 2016 has the 6 speed auto and the 18 has the 10 auto. The 6 speed is a very good transmission with proven reliability.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
The EB/PP is offered with auto, I have one. The Pony lights will be present, no exhaust crackles for the stock exhaust, the Shaker pro is loud and clear. The 2016 has the 6 speed auto and the 18 has the 10 auto. The 6 speed is a very good transmission with proven reliability.
That’s so weird. When my wife and I went to buy our 16 ecoboost, we were told that PP wasn’t an option with autos, just like the GT. Also told that they couldn’t even order one like that.

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The EB PP isn't quite the same as the GT PP, so it was offered with autos also.

The EB PP is more like a base GT in terms of parts, which as we all know do come with autos.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
The EB PP isn't quite the same as the GT PP, so it was offered with autos also.

The EB PP is more like a base GT in terms of parts, which as we all know do come with autos.
That doesn’t make any sense.

OP
OP

Costcocombo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Thanks everybody for your expertise!!!
Sponsored