Sponsored

Noise after an acceleration on an on ramp.

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford white Ecoboost Performance Package
Ticking at cruising
No ticking at idle
No ticking when throttle is depressed more than holding a speed.
Not aware of any performance loss.
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
How many miles on the 2015? If its intermittent then it could be your turbo's waste gate actuator rattling from being worn out. But its also hard to say since you said it just showed up and usually that's a wear problem that gradually shows up. Check to see if your actuator had any play in it like this guy's does. I def. wouldn't rule out rod knock either though, you said it showed up after acceleration on an on ramp and usually that's not a good sign. We're you lugging the motor at all when you did that? Like accelerating in a higher gear from low in the rev range?

OP
OP
EcoboostJim

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford white Ecoboost Performance Package
How many miles on the 2015? If its intermittent then it could be your turbo's waste gate actuator rattling from being worn out. But its also hard to say since you said it just showed up and usually that's a wear problem that gradually shows up. Check to see if your actuator had any play in it like this guy's does. I def. wouldn't rule out rod knock either though, you said it showed up after acceleration on an on ramp and usually that's not a good sign. We're you lugging the motor at all when you did that? Like accelerating in a higher gear from low in the rev range?
54,000 miles 6 speed. I've had the car since brand new. Not lugging. Car is tuned, intercooler, waste gate, intake,plugs. It runs really well. I can't hear the ticking at idle or with modest throttle. Only when cruising trying to maintain a speed and from what I noticed from the factory boost gauge around 25 vac . No other time does this noise happen.