Sponsored

No supercharger whine at all (sound tune)

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Whine mod sounds like this inside.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Sorry, I have to replay that. I was watching that vehicle in the right lane fly down the track.

Whine mod sounds like this inside.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Sorry, I have to replay that. I was watching that vehicle in the right lane fly down the track.
Guy on the right must have had stage 2 whine mod. Extra 50whp šŸ˜

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Not sure why I would want to listen to that "inside" the car. I like stealth mode for many reasons but listening to that would drive me nuts... Outside the car would be a different story but... It's like when they pump the engine sounds over the radio...

Jhalil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1
Hijacking this thread. Has anyone installed the the Foster kit, but instead of plumbing the tube to the firewall, just installing the filter directly onto the elbow as it comes out of the intake? Iā€™m thinking this would allow whine in the engine bay where it might be audible from outside the car. Any thoughts or experience?
Wondering about this too.. Have you tried it?

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
This will not work to increase exterior whine. The Foster Whine mod is an in cabin whine mod only.

MTBjunkie00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package Lightning Blue
I ended up installing it per the normal instructions. Something to consider before doing it is that you can only hear the whine with the windows up and music off. With windows open, my exhaust drowns it out. I have a MBRP street cat-back system, so it isnā€™t even the loudest thing out there. Also, the vacuum/suction noise before being in boost is pretty loud. Putting a glove over it helps, but then the whine gets even less audible. My last gripe is that the instructions for where to drill into the intake tube arenā€™t super clear. I should have drilled further forward because there seems to be too much slack in the hose and it was resting on the header once in place. I used a zip tie around the tube and to the mounting point for the original sound tube for NA cars to pull it away from the headers.

Plenty of people love the mod, but after doing it I wish I had saved my money and time.

Jhalil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1
I ended up installing it per the normal instructions. Something to consider before doing it is that you can only hear the whine with the windows up and music off. With windows open, my exhaust drowns it out. I have a MBRP street cat-back system, so it isnā€™t even the loudest thing out there. Also, the vacuum/suction noise before being in boost is pretty loud. Putting a glove over it helps, but then the whine gets even less audible. My last gripe is that the instructions for where to drill into the intake tube arenā€™t super clear. I should have drilled further forward because there seems to be too much slack in the hose and it was resting on the header once in place. I used a zip tie around the tube and to the mounting point for the original sound tube for NA cars to pull it away from the headers.

Plenty of people love the mod, but after doing it I wish I had saved my money and time.
What stage did you go with?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Yeah...any time you connect to the inlet you will have all the sounds from the induction path, whine and suction inductions sounds and many love both. The whine mod increases in cabin whine and of course anytime you have loud music windows down and loud exhaust it will be drown out anything. The whine mod tube should always be routed away from headers as anything near or touching that will be toasted.