2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
That wide stripe actually looks great!

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Here is a picture of the back.. It looks black in any low light. In bright sun light it is great and the black trim really works to complement the color. There is a lot of metallic in the paint and it is a very dark blue. I will take some better pictures and post them later. It is a good color if you don't want black but want a dark color.

Shelby GT500 back.JPG
Thanks for posting that. Any chance you can take a pic in the sun?
Right now that’s my leading choice for color.
-J

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
-J
Looks like it is the replacement for Kona Blue which, was one of the best colors IMO (I had a 2010 Kona Blue/Silver Striped GT500) I tried to find a Kona Blue 2020 however, not only were they not available but from what I am reading, one of the most marked-up. I would not be surprised if this color becomes another sought out color.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
-J
Same.

But it gives me flashbacks to the one and only black car I owned (and will own). It's basically black on the trucks, and I need to see it on the Mustang body.

I wish they had kept Kona.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m the opposite on Kona as I really like it in the sun (same as Sonic Blue) but it turns purple in low light.
If this is the same nice blue in the sun but black not purple in low light I’m all in.
-J

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I’m the opposite on Kona as I really like it in the sun (same as Sonic Blue) but it turns purple in low light.
If this is the same nice blue in the sun but black not purple in low light I’m all in.
-J
It might be your color. It is black in low light.

I keep going back to the local Ford lot to see it on a truck there (they're probably wondering WTF is up with this guy), and even on a sunny day those slab sided trucks look black down the sides to me. The high spots and the top of the hood look fantastic. On a cloudy day, it's black and on those days I had to look at the window sticker to make sure I wasn't looking at a black truck. Up close it has a ton of blue pearl in it.

Based on what I've observed, I fear it's too dark for me but I want to thoroughly see it on a Mustang. Problem is, I'm not sure if just pics will do and here in the land of trucks and SUVs the odds of actually seeing an Antimatter Mustang in person is slim to none.

Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking good guys.
I drove my current GT500 up to the Ford dealer and saw both an F150 and Escape in Antimatter Blue. Ironically both we’re parked next to black examples and that blue is very much almost black.
-J

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Looking good guys.
I drove my current GT500 up to the Ford dealer and saw both an F150 and Escape in Antimatter Blue. Ironically both we’re parked next to black examples and that blue is very much almost black.
-J
It really is. Very dark in person.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good guys.
-J
It really is. Very dark in person.
I was at Shelby yesterday and saw the unveiling of the Hope Signature Edition GT500. This car is so dark blue, it’s black.