Sponsored

No-Stripe GT500s - Post Your Pics

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I pulled the stripes on my 350, and if I had ordered my 500 I would not have gotten stripes. I'm thinking of pulling the stripes as I think the no-stripes look is cleaner. We'll see.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I'm suprised at the number of no stripe cars without black roof! I think if you go no stripe the black roof really sets it off. But all beautiful cars!

Soon as I get mine "no stripes", I'll post some pics. Hopefully soon!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Black roof ok??

F5FEA72A-25CB-4EC7-884D-D58B25C93A3C.jpeg
Man, you could drown in that thing. Beautiful.
I pulled the stripes on my 350, and if I had ordered my 500 I would not have gotten stripes. I'm thinking of pulling the stripes as I think the no-stripes look is cleaner. We'll see.
I pulled them off my'09 GT500 back when everyone felt the car had to have stripes. It immediately widened the car and I felt the car gained some class or composure. My GT350 had no stripes and I always felt the S550 body curvature was kind of at odds with the parallel lines of the stripes. Same thing with my '20 GT500, a kind of subdued look that may not work for others but it works well for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Black roof ok??
Absolutely. The only thing that bothers me about the black roof on the S550 is that little jog at the top of the A pillar that's body color. But it breaks things up with a little more black.

My '07 GT500 had no OTT stripes, and I loved it; had it had them I probably would have pulled them, as I prefer things understated. While I like the stripes on the S550 iteration, the gap in the stripes between the front fascia and hood drives me batshit. No stripes it shall be, now it's a matter of color (hence the thread).

Speaking of which, color choice became more complicated once I saw pics of a GT500 in Carbonized Gray. I stalked out an F150 in the color and didn't like it but it's a different animal on the S550, like a darker version of Iconic. I had high hopes of Antimatter Blue, but it's just too dark although the curvature of the S550 might be better than a slab sided truck.

(That Gulf livery GT is the shit....)

Go Time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Absolutely. The only thing that bothers me about the black roof on the S550 is that little jog at the top of the A pillar that's body color. But it breaks things up with a little more black.

My '07 GT500 had no OTT stripes, and I loved it; had it had them I probably would have pulled them, as I prefer things understated. While I like the stripes on the S550 iteration, the gap in the stripes between the front fascia and hood drives me batshit. No stripes it shall be, now it's a matter of color (hence the thread).

Speaking of which, color choice became more complicated once I saw pics of a GT500 in Carbonized Gray. I stalked out an F150 in the color and didn't like it but it's a different animal on the S550, like a darker version of Iconic. I had high hopes of Antimatter Blue, but it's just too dark although the curvature of the S550 might be better than a slab sided truck.

(That Gulf livery GT is the shit....)
The '05-'06 GT is such an awesome driving experience. Checks every box. It has the 4L whipple, 3.91 gears, headers, race exhaust and tune. Perfect blend of brut force with 'some' civility. Pretty quite under normal conditions but turns into a freight train going through the gates of hell when stomping on it. Haha.

At the Ring in 2016..

racetracker_1608235_23720 (800x533) (640x426).jpg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Fruit Loops . :):)
D60E13F6-8DB5-4DE2-8575-9B20E6E67A6E.jpeg
Wow. That is just . . . A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Just curious - what line of work or profession? Not interested in anything monetary or personal, just totally curious what profession or if you're in Business for yourself?

It's nice to see folks succeed at what they are best at doing and able to live out their dreams.

Thanks for sharing the pics - really, really cool.
--

That lift is unique - never saw one like it until now. Is it pretty stable when operating it up/down? Did you build your garage or know what psi specs the concrete pad is to being able to support the lift requirements?

What is your max ceiling height in there - close to 14 ft?

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It's pretty safe to say that Go Time is not an engineer.....

Go Time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Wow. That is just . . . A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Just curious - what line of work or profession? Not interested in anything monetary or personal, just totally curious what profession or if you're in Business for yourself?

It's nice to see folks succeed at what they are best at doing and able to live out their dreams.

Thanks for sharing the pics - really, really cool.
--

That lift is unique - never saw one like it until now. Is it pretty stable when operating it up/down? Did you build your garage or know what psi specs the concrete pad is to being able to support the lift requirements?

What is your max ceiling height in there - close to 14 ft?

Thank you for the compliments. I am a landlord. How boring is that?! I bought my first rental house with our honeymoon money from the wedding. Never took that honeymoon. My wife also has a very good career and she LOVES cars. That of course is a big deal. Haha.

The lift is an "American Custom Lift". Load capacity is right around 5,000lbs. Very sturdy. If I were to do it all over again, I would probably just do a standard 4 post lift.

Yes, I built the garage and the ceiling height is (you guessed it) 14'. Also, Has poker room for the boys too.

It's all very materialistic and I am not really comfortable with that. I typically take my drives very early in the day or very late in the evening. I have attended one "cars and coffee" and that was to give rides to autistic kids. I am on a mission to fulfill every autistic kids dream of driving in a supercar. I surprised a kid on Christmas morning this year and will never forget that. I live in the middle of a corn field and am a HUGE bowhunter. "Outdoor guy / Ford supercar lover" kind of guy. Now lets get back on topic gentleman! And BTW, the GT500 tranny is waaaaaay better than my new GT's.