Sponsored

No Start No Crank, Shows a Starting System Fault message on the Cluster whenever you push the start button.

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 , 2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
My Vehicle is a 2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 5.2L

Recently had PCM and BCM replaced and reprogrammed.

Codes: U016C p0192 p0182 , i already did testing as asked to do by fords repair manual for the codes, for example: for code u016c i did the following:

with Ignition OFF.

For DTCs P027B or U016C,

Fuel Pump Control Module 2 Module connector disconnected.

Ignition ON, engine OFF.

Measure the voltage between:

(+) Fuel Pump Control Module 2 Module Connector, Harness Side

(-)

VPWR Fuel - Pin 1

Ground

Measure the voltage between:

(+) Fuel Pump Control Module Connector, Harness Side

(-)

VPWR Fuel

Ground

Is the voltage greater than 10.5 V?

this tested yes!! giving 11 volts constant

if yes go to kc3

- KC3 CHECK THE GND CIRCUIT FOR AN OPEN

Ignition OFF.

For DTCs P027B or U016C,

Measure the resistance between:

(-)

GND - Pin 4

Ground

Is the resistance less than 5 ohms?

Yes it has 2 ohms

if yes GO to KC4.

KC4 CHECK THE FPC AND FPM CIRCUITS FOR AN OPEN

PCM connector disconnected.

For DTCs P027B or U016C,

(+) Fuel Pump Control Module 2 Module Connector, HarnessSide

(-) PCM Connector, HarnessSide

FPC - Pin 3

FPM2 - Pin 7

Are the resistances less than 5 ohms?

yes, its 2 ohms for both

if yes go to step kc5 and on this next step is where i find an issue. it says:

KC5 CHECK THE FPC AND FPM CIRCUITS FOR A SHORT TO GROUND

For DTCs P027B or U016C,

(-)

FPC - Pin 3

Ground

FPM2 - Pin 7

Ground

Are the resistances greater than 10K ohms?

Yes?

GO to

KC6

NO?

REPAIR the short circuit. Clear the PCM DTCs.

REPEAT the self-test.

so in this test when doing as instructed here, i do not receive any measurement on my multimeter, it's like if there's an open or something, i'm not sure. (it's not the multimeter, i tested the same procedure on another mustang just like mine and this part of the test does pass and the car works fine)

can you advise from here and on? i'm not sure what to do, it says repair the short circuit but i already inspected the harness and nothing is wrong with it. any suggestions? please lmk.

NOW, For code: p0192 which essentially are the same troubleshooting procedures but on a 5v circuit, everything tests out just fine until i get to the step where it asks the same as before:

STEP - DD10 CHECK THE FRP CIRCUIT FOR A SHORT TO GROUND

For Mustang 5.2L,

(+) FRPT Sensor Connector, Harness Side

(-)

FRP

Ground

Is the resistance greater than 10K ohms?

Yes? - GO to DD11

NO? - REPAIR the short circuit. Clear the PCM DTCs. REPEAT the self-test.

please help me, i'm not sure what to do from here, just like on the test above it doesn't get any reading.

For CODE: p0182 same procedure as above on the same 5v circuit, it doesn't pass where it asks:

DD15 CHECK THE FRT CIRCUIT FOR A SHORT TO GROUND

(+) FRPT Sensor Connector, Harness Side

(-)

FRT

Ground

Is the resistance greater than 10K ohms?

Yes? GO to

DD16

No? REPAIR the short circuit. Clear the PCM DTCs. REPEAT the self-test.

doesn't pass here either, no measurement shows on multimeter just like above.

i already also checked the grounds on the car by hooking positive lead of the multimeter to battery and touching engine block it measures same voltage as on battery and also tried in ground cables and it measures fine, also tried with the ignition on and the same, just fine. I need some guidance from here and on, hope you guys can help!! thank you very much.
Sponsored

guizzmox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jajuan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 2017
hey did you resolve that issue I’m currently going through the same situation!!

OP
OP
Carlos990815

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
hey did you resolve that issue I’m currently going through the same situation!!
I did, had to change the PCM And reflash it.
I had a different part number pcm than what i should have bought.
Important to note that you will need to have done a Parameter Reset otherwise the car won’t start.

OP
OP
Carlos990815

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks Bro hopefully this help mine ! Because I’m going literally through the same thing
For sure! Here to help! I fixed mine myself because nobody knew what to do, i was scammed by this sketchy shop in Miami called dpm_racing , supposedly Peter, the owner of the shop was a pro ford master tech, the guy charged me $1500 and my car didn’t even start, he changed my bcm claiming mine was faulty which is BS, it wasn’t faulty my car is running with the oem bcm. Then after when he last gave the car was claiming it was probably a wiring issue in the car which obviously was BS too. Only thing that had to be done was a parameter Reset and even with the wrong PN pcm the car started and functioned but had codes popping up because it wouldn’t communicate properly with some other modules. So i decided to do some good amount of research and bought the necessary equipment and software and did it all myself. Even the 2018+ keys that the guy said couldn’t be programmed, i was able to program them right away. The guy is a scammer. Tips: always check in business bureau and google maps, yelp, if the business is legit or is even registered so if something happens you have at least some back up. Or do what i did and do it yourself 💪.

Sponsored

guizzmox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jajuan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 2017
For sure! Here to help! I fixed mine myself because nobody knew what to do, i was scammed by this sketchy shop in Miami called dpm_racing , supposedly Peter, the owner of the shop was a pro ford master tech, the guy charged me $1500 and my car didn’t even start, he changed my bcm claiming mine was faulty which is BS, it wasn’t faulty my car is running with the oem bcm. Then after when he last gave the car was claiming it was probably a wiring issue in the car which obviously was BS too. Only thing that had to be done was a parameter Reset and even with the wrong PN pcm the car started and functioned but had codes popping up because it wouldn’t communicate properly with some other modules. So i decided to do some good amount of research and bought the necessary equipment and software and did it all myself. Even the 2018+ keys that the guy said couldn’t be programmed, i was able to program them right away. The guy is a scammer. Tips: always check in business bureau and google maps, yelp, if the business is legit or is even registered so if something happens you have at least some back up. Or do what i did and do it yourself 💪.

guizzmox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jajuan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 2017
image.jpg
This what Ford done & it still no crank no start ? Did they do a parameter reset ?

OP
OP
Carlos990815

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks Bro hopefully this help mine ! Because I’m going literally through the same thing
Tell me more though what happened to ur car how did it get to this condition?
salvaging it?
what pcm
image.jpg
This what Ford done & it still no crank no start ? Did they do a parameter reset ?
is this From a ford dealership? Which one?
What’s the PN from the pcm in ur car? What codes do you have present? Send that info please along with your car’s vin.

guizzmox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jajuan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 2017
I’m have the vin and part # & pcm number for ya

gman1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 2020 GT350R
I'm resurrecting a 2019 GT350 that had an engine fire. I've replaced the motor and all of the wiring harnesses. Do I need to take it to the dealer to program the PCM and BCM for it to start? I'm new at this.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Carlos990815

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
I'm resurrecting a 2019 GT350 that had an engine fire. I've replaced the motor and all of the wiring harnesses. Do I need to take it to the dealer to program the PCM and BCM for it to start? I'm new at this.
I could do this for you if you were local (I’m in pompano Beach FLORIDA & wya? ) for a fraction of what the dealer would charge you. Do you have the oem modules? Or if you got replacements did you make sure they had the same part number? This is very important.
If you got a whole swap kit from another car then your car will start but when reading it with a scanner will show the vin from the donor car, not your actual car, to correct this, yes you must reprogram unless u don’t mind a different vin showing but this might bring issues when trying to tune or make your life harder.

gman1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 2020 GT350R
Carlos,

I'm in So Cal. I got all brand new OEM replacement from the dealer. The parts were all based on the vehicles vin. They were melted so no way of know if the were exact part numbers.
IMG_1284.JPG
IMG_1429.JPG

OP
OP
Carlos990815

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
Carlos,

I'm in So Cal. I got all brand new OEM replacement from the dealer. The parts were all based on the vehicles vin. They were melted so no way of know if the were exact part numbers.
IMG_1284.JPG
IMG_1429.JPG
Great job on bringing her back together. It’s looking good. If you bought all the parts from the dealership by the vin then you should be good to go. Now you just need to program all those modules you replaced to then lastly do a parameter reset which will introduce all the modules on the car’s network. To do this you have to go to the dealership or somewhere where they use dealership equipment basically. I wish I could help you do it all because I already went through it all and would be really easy for me to do.

gman1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 2020 GT350R
Thanks for your help. I was planning on taking it to them. You just confirmed what must be done. Now I have a better understanding of the process.
Sponsored