Sponsored

No spare tire inflation kit

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost 6MT, PP, recaros
I'm going to the strip this Saturday and somebody had mentioned reducing tire pressure to get a better launch.

To avoid bringing unnecessary clutter I was kind of wondering whether or not the factory provided inflator (NOT using the fixaflat crap....just the inflator part...) Could be trusted to top the tires off when I was done for the night before I drove the ~75 miles home.

What say ye, Mustang owners?
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Who knows. Probably not very good but you can get an inflator from autozone etc for about $40. I picked one up when I had my S197. It doesnt seem any cheaper than the one i bought though from what I can tell and I've used the purchased one 10-15 times of over the past 5 years.

At home I like a hand pump personally because those inflators are loud as shiz and can wake up the dead. Plus for 2-3 psi a few pumps do it.

OP
OP

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pump worked great and the screw on tire connector worked great vs the stupid lever clamp style most use, so I could hook it up and leave it go while I tended to other issues. Only real annoyance is the hose got hot as hell from filling both rears from ~20psi to 36psi back to back, but that's to be expected.

Also, surprised to note that tpms doesn't say a tire is low until you get to 21psi. Lol....

Sponsored

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
I'm going to the strip this Saturday and somebody had mentioned reducing tire pressure to get a better launch.

To avoid bringing unnecessary clutter I was kind of wondering whether or not the factory provided inflator (NOT using the fixaflat crap....just the inflator part...) Could be trusted to top the tires off when I was done for the night before I drove the ~75 miles home.

What say ye, Mustang owners?
Wait a sec, there's a factory provided inflator???

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
Well damn, I should've just skipped the spare then smh. Especially since I decided to remove it and put my amp and ms8 there. Would've saved me $180 -___-

OP
OP

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's nothing special. Just an inflator with some fixaflat built in
Sponsored