Sponsored

No Panic at All (No Panic)

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
I've only gotten 2400 miles or so put on my car, and I've already inadvertently set off the "panic" button on the key fob three times.

Does anyone know an easy way to disable that specific button? I'm thinking of taking the fob shell off and seeing if there's a depressor I can remove.

Usually panic buttons are out of the way or have a ridge around them. On this fob (which in my pocket feels like an NFL regulation football) the panic button is on the sloped bottom edge, increasing the chance it will get pushed.

Not the end of the world or anything, just annoying.
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I've done that a few times by hitting the bottom of the steering wheel while the fob was in my pocket... only thing I can think is get the gt350 steering wheel, lol

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
I've done that a few times by hitting the bottom of the steering wheel while the fob was in my pocket... only thing I can think is get the gt350 steering wheel, lol
This is exactly how I set mine off. I raised the steering wheel slightly. I also thought getting the gt350 wheel with flat bottom would be best solution.

bballr4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pontiac GTO
I've done it more than once with the Flex. I just put the remote in my pocket with the buttons facing down. Only way to stop it. :(

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Try a key fob 'cover'...I have never had an accidental button push since I put covers on my fobs.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Do a thread search for ' key fob'...several threads, including mine give web addresses.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
It may not be the fob. Mine would go off 25% of the time after I remote started. I thought it was being set off in my pocket, until 3 days ago it went off. I grabbed my pocket, but the keys were on the table. Nothing even touched the fob, yet the panic just set off.
Sponsored