Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I never get anyone trying to race me in my 2016 RS3... But my wife in her 2005 4.0, all the time people revving engines etc... I suspect they know they might be on the losing end, so why bother.
Since I upgraded my exhaust no one tries. Last guy was in a modded hellcat. Didn't go as he had planned.
Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
A considerable amount of people noticed. my 2016 Mustang GT. Two college girls asked me to rev before hitting the on ramp. I did so and watched them cheer as I chirpped the tires a bit to get up to speed.
Another time on the way home, a guy in a blue Challanger scat pack pulled up. He said "Thank you for your service. Just can't beat domestic, am I right?" I yelled "hell yeah" in reply. Then again, my area isn't as well off as yours if you're seeing higher end Dodges and Porsches all the time. A 2018 Cross Over is about the most people get in my neighborhood.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
open road, clear of traffic, wide shoulder, dry conditions and a roll from 20-30 mph up to about 80.
Soooo, Interstate on-ramp up to the speed limit. At least in the western states.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Soooo, Interstate on-ramp up to the speed limit. At least in the western states.
That's pretty much how it is around here, too. We have lots of entrance ramps with 3 to 5 lanes. Which is damned stupid, since we only have 3 lane freeways and in many places 2 lanes. So, the freeway designers allow a lot more cars to enter the freeways than they can support.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Most v8 cars I bump into don't bother. The only people around me who want to have a run are the subarus/civics, old guys in their Porsche that want to show off to their young blonde friend, or jeeps. Always the jeeps... I can't figure this one out.
Every Jeep i see doesn't know what the gas pedals for and drive like every days Sunday

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Naturally, this being NY, no one will EVER move into the left lane to let you in
just put a big "love Cuomo" sign on your back window and someone will let you in. Though it'll be 1 in 1000. The other 999 will deliberately run yo ass over. Esp the semi trucks. :)

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Take it to the nearest Drag Strip... best way to get it out of your system. Then you can relax and cruise or do spirited country driving...

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Around me, unless it's a modified civic or something at least 10 years old that guy in the charger, challanger, mustang, or camaro willing to race you at the stop light is an undercover cop 50% of the time. Those cops just like baiting people.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Around me, unless it's a modified civic or something at least 10 years old that guy in the charger, challanger, mustang, or camaro willing to race you at the stop light is an undercover cop 50% of the time. Those cops just like baiting people.
all you univ boys are too poor and the over-staffed police force isn't getting enough revenue I guess. And how isn't that entrapment?

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
all you univ boys are too poor and the over-staffed police force isn't getting enough revenue I guess. And how isn't that entrapment?
Not saying I endorse what they do. But a judge is easily going to rule out entrapment since the officer isn't asking to race, they're just driving and it's up to us to decide is this bro tryin to race ME?!

It's one reason I don't stop light race; too risky.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
They don't do that around here. instead Dodge shuts down a major highway every year and puts on races between rival sheriff departments. Only good thing about living in Michigan near Detroit or Flint.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Around here you canā€™t drive far without a charger or challenger, usually straight piped V6, trying to race. Usually have the mopar script on the windshield and the 3 tear marks over the headlight with splitter guards in place. Occasionally youā€™ll get an older challenger r/t but usually itā€™s the V6 race cars. I donā€™t even waste my time.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
it's not your car it's (MDS), Mustang Derangement Syndrome. It's a fear of losing to mustangs. Apparently, it creates crippling consequences to their psyche. It doesn't matter the make of car they are in either. There is currently a panel of Psychiatrists coupled with Automotive Engineers working together to help these folks deal with the stress of losing to Mustangs. when they lose to mustangs they experience nervous breakdowns, they stop eating, Spouses are neglected, etc...its a serious problem....lol

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
I'm surprised the op's vanity plate wasn't mentioned. 1. Is it real? 2. I immediately shut off when I see certain vanities. Probably something to do with maturity level and driving ability associations. Obviously my judging a book by its cover attitude is just that, but I still am affected, auto judge, and usually end up driving away from the vehicle. Maybe it was that?

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Blithe16,

Maturity level . . . . how about just a love for cars and a non-typical license plate (re: custom). You know nothing about me, so please don't be so judge mental.

Making comments with no factual data is less than mature.

About your comment on driving abilities, I have quite a quite a few 2 foot tall trophies I won when I bracket drag raced for several years, so yes, I "think" I can drive OK.

Yes, my plate is real, you can check the State of Louisiana for custom plates and see mine is not available (which means it was applied for and granted).
Sponsored

Last edited: