Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Seems to be after 08 the most.
Good lord... My gf's son works at a chevy dealer.. I'll have to find out the scoop on that one.
Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Good lord... My gf's son works at a chevy dealer.. I'll have to find out the scoop on that one.
You can search on line. Mine garage started filling with fumes so i had to have it fixed.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
You can search on line. Mine garage started filling with fumes so i had to have it fixed.
I buy a lot of used cars. It's all over the sites I use. Hard to believe they didn't fix it in models after 2008.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Yeah, we had a white charger locally that would refuse to stop and just run every time he got busted haulin' the mail.
Ha this reminds me of a good story from the "what the hell was I thinking" vault...

My first brand-new car was a 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo (similar performance to the Mustang GT's of that time) and I was early 20's and living on the east side of Cleveland. A few weeks into owning it I was driving north on I-271 after dark at about 20 mph over the limit, and saw a cop hiding in the trees click his lights on and pull out when I passed. For some reason my idiotic, young and dumb brain said "well if he's giving me a ticket he's gonna work for it." I knew that about a mile away was a big sweeping off-ramp onto I-90, and my exit was the first one on I-90. So I punched it, sailed through the I-90 ramp, adrenaline pumping, floored it to my exit, made a quick right and two lefts into a housing plan, and parked in someone's driveway and turned off the lights. Heart pounding, sweating like hell, hoping the homeowner wouldn't come outside, etc... waited about 15 mins, figured I'd lost him, and went home. Told my buddies and they were like "dude if he had caught you, you were going to effing JAIL." I was like wow, never really thought about what the consequences might be.

GAAAH! The stupid shit we do when we're young.

Last edited:

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I never get any takers either, except this one ZL1 started following me out of town on the highway. He came hauling ass up next to me then dropped the hammer. I guess the 325/50R15 rears weren't enough of a giveaway for him. I leaned into it and watched him disappear in the rearview. One of the most fulfilling things I've ever done, too bad I didn't have the gopro mounted.

Either way, I wish there were more of those. lol

69D60FE4-4F0F-444B-8994-22025389B3B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
One of the few informal challengers I had was about 18 months ago. A newish SS Camaro pulled along side me on a wide open stretch of highway. Clear road ahead and generous shoulders on the road as well. Perfect.

We punched it at the same time and I pulled him until I had about 2 - 2 1/2 car lengths on him.

Mikepol2,

Much as I hate to admit it, I did something similar to that many, many years ago when I had a hot rod Chevelle. Cop was going one way and I was going another.

I saw his radar in the window, I was going to fast, he hit is brakes hard, and I nailed it. I knew he had no good, quick place to turn around on that stretch of road.

I nailed it, braked hard and did some left, right, turns, gunned it and parked the car in my enclosed shop behind my house.

What was I thinking ?? Young and severely dumb.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Oh back in the day when the highway patrol ran those 4 barrel Plymouth 440's. You could hear them as they made a turn around on a four-lane highway and hope it wasn't you that was going to get the ticket of the day, because he was "going" to catch you.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Not nearly as much car as in the stories above, however...

I was in high school and one of the guys had an Austin Mini. He came to school one Monday and told us he was running up the arterial arterial near the school when a cop jumped out to wave him down, so he ran him, and got around the corner at the next intersection and along to the entrance of the neighborhood and turned in. He dragged the cop all over the place away from the entry points into the houses and the drove to a point where there was a walkway from the houses between some apartment buildings on the arterial road, which the mini was narrow enough to fit through but the cop couldn’t. By the time the cop could back track back to where the walkway came out he was long gone. But even funnier, about a week later there was a bollard installed at the entrance to the walkway.

hafgod

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
arnold
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Or they are wise and mature and know the public street isn't the place for it. Could get them in a jam
Guys who say stuff along the lines of "save it for the track" are the biggest virgins out there

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Guys who say stuff along the lines of "save it for the track" are the biggest virgins out there
Guess the moderators fall into that category then...you may want to read the sticky note for this section.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Should have got race red. They don’t call it race red for no reason. Everyone and their grandma wants to line up with you lol.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Sad to say, too much internet and social media. Most street pulls are done between friends. Maybe also its a age thing, around here most of my Mustang drivers are older, the same seems to be with Dodge. The performance Camaro's seem to be younger.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I never get anyone trying to race me in my 2016 RS3... But my wife in her 2005 4.0, all the time people revving engines etc... I suspect they know they might be on the losing end, so why bother.
Sponsored