No one likes my 2018 GT

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No likes my 2018 GT . . . . and won't take a chance with a little "fun run". I have pulled along side several muscle cars in the past few months, and no one will take the bait.

Newer 392 Hemi - no. SS Camaro - no. V-8 Challengers - no. An older, very clean Viper - no.

Pulled next to a Porsche a few months ago and he wouldn't even look over. I eased down the road a bit and he came flying by.

Maybe I need to take the 5.0 emblems off.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Want to run it but can't take the chance. Had several pull up beside me and lay on it. Laying drag and drinking scotch = trouble. :stop:

Sponsored

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
tacswa,

You assume I am being reckless and dangerous. I am not. I pick my situations carefully, open road, clear of traffic, wide shoulder, dry conditions and a roll from 20-30 mph up to about 80.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Take it it's from a dig... only ricers and girls in V6 Camaros still try to race from a dig.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
race from a dig.
I've never done that.... ever since that EPISODE back in 1980... I was driving a 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix with a 455 cu. in. (i.e. 7.4 liter) on a highway in Ohio. I was doing about 60mph when a 1977 Chevy Chevette Scooter passed me... all 57 hp.

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1977/187760/chevrolet_chevette_scooter.html

My High School buddy says: "Your not gonna let that POS pass you are you?
Being 16, I said "Hell no", and opened up the 4-barrels and let the glass-packs start making noise.
I pass him doing about 65 - 70, and I notice that the couple in the Chevette has a combined weight of probably 600 lbs.
After 20 - 30 seconds, they go past me at a decent clip... I floor it... so did he, and he left me!
My buddy told every buddy in school about the a$$ whipping my big block received, and by whom!

I owe that big fella a beer for keeping me out of future trouble.

(Still wonder what the hell was under that hood?)

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Most v8 cars I bump into don't bother. The only people around me who want to have a run are the subarus/civics, old guys in their Porsche that want to show off to their young blonde friend, or jeeps. Always the jeeps... I can't figure this one out.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
tacswa,

You assume I am being reckless and dangerous. I am not. I pick my situations carefully, open road, clear of traffic, wide shoulder, dry conditions and a roll from 20-30 mph up to about 80.
You are right, I don't know. Your post kinda came off that way. Everyone one of us on the forum loves our cars and I'm sure we have all tested out these V8's and the sound of the exhaust more than once on the roads.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
tacswa,

The problem with my car is it goes from 0-jail really fast if the wrong person is watching. Not worth it for me anymore. It was fun when you could get 10 seconds of acceleration and revving and only hit 90 back when I had shittier cars but now, it's definitely jail and a tow. No thanks.
Sponsored