No one likes my 2018 GT

BigRed550

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Should have got race red. They don’t call it race red for no reason. Everyone and their grandma wants to line up with you lol.

Advertisement

hws52

Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Sad to say, too much internet and social media. Most street pulls are done between friends. Maybe also its a age thing, around here most of my Mustang drivers are older, the same seems to be with Dodge. The performance Camaro's seem to be younger.

okfoz

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I never get anyone trying to race me in my 2016 RS3... But my wife in her 2005 4.0, all the time people revving engines etc... I suspect they know they might be on the losing end, so why bother.

Jmtoast

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I never get anyone trying to race me in my 2016 RS3... But my wife in her 2005 4.0, all the time people revving engines etc... I suspect they know they might be on the losing end, so why bother.
Since I upgraded my exhaust no one tries. Last guy was in a modded hellcat. Didn't go as he had planned.

Shadow277

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2011 CBR250r
A considerable amount of people noticed. my 2016 Mustang GT. Two college girls asked me to rev before hitting the on ramp. I did so and watched them cheer as I chirpped the tires a bit to get up to speed.
Another time on the way home, a guy in a blue Challanger scat pack pulled up. He said "Thank you for your service. Just can't beat domestic, am I right?" I yelled "hell yeah" in reply. Then again, my area isn't as well off as yours if you're seeing higher end Dodges and Porsches all the time. A 2018 Cross Over is about the most people get in my neighborhood.

Ed M

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
open road, clear of traffic, wide shoulder, dry conditions and a roll from 20-30 mph up to about 80.
Soooo, Interstate on-ramp up to the speed limit. At least in the western states.

Balr14

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2010 BMW 335i
Soooo, Interstate on-ramp up to the speed limit. At least in the western states.
That's pretty much how it is around here, too. We have lots of entrance ramps with 3 to 5 lanes. Which is damned stupid, since we only have 3 lane freeways and in many places 2 lanes. So, the freeway designers allow a lot more cars to enter the freeways than they can support.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Most v8 cars I bump into don't bother. The only people around me who want to have a run are the subarus/civics, old guys in their Porsche that want to show off to their young blonde friend, or jeeps. Always the jeeps... I can't figure this one out.
Every Jeep i see doesn't know what the gas pedals for and drive like every days Sunday

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
That's pretty much how it is around here, too. We have lots of entrance ramps with 3 to 5 lanes. Which is damned stupid, since we only have 3 lane freeways and in many places 2 lanes. So, the freeway designers allow a lot more cars to enter the freeways than they can support.
Can we borrow some of your extra ramp? On the Northern State Parkway, the single on ramps give you about 20 yards to merge into traffic. Naturally, this being NY, no one will EVER move into the left lane to let you in. The best way to deal with this is to mash the gas pedal to the floor while shouting, "Fortune favors the bold!"

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, EB+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Naturally, this being NY, no one will EVER move into the left lane to let you in
just put a big "love Cuomo" sign on your back window and someone will let you in. Though it'll be 1 in 1000. The other 999 will deliberately run yo ass over. Esp the semi trucks. :)

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
just put a big "love Cuomo" sign on your back window and someone will let you in. Though it'll be 1 in 1000. The other 999 will deliberately run yo ass over. Esp the semi trucks. :)
I thought I hated Chris Crisco in Jersey. I'm not sure which I hate more now.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Take it to the nearest Drag Strip... best way to get it out of your system. Then you can relax and cruise or do spirited country driving...

Advertisement

110 - Moddiction - 1

Advertisement