No one likes my 2018 GT

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I would sure run ya. I would go out of my way to bother Stangs and whatever else with my modded C6.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would sure run ya. I would go out of my way to bother Stangs and whatever else with my modded C6.
I'm looking at picking up a c6 and modding it. What are your mods?

BLSTOIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
No likes my 2018 GT . . . . and won't take a chance with a little "fun run". I have pulled along side several muscle cars in the past few months, and no one will take the bait.

Newer 392 Hemi - no. SS Camaro - no. V-8 Challengers - no. An older, very clean Viper - no.

Pulled next to a Porsche a few months ago and he wouldn't even look over. I eased down the road a bit and he came flying by.

Maybe I need to take the 5.0 emblems off.
I always find it weird that all the dodge boys cover their cars in obnoxious MOPAR stickers, vinyl, white tire lettering, and the like, yet never go above 3000 RPM

Sponsored

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just to set the record straight, I have turned down several "coulda been" races because the situation was not appropriate. If the circumstances are not ideal, it's a no-go for me.

But, the times when conditions were ideal, which has not been often, there was no interest.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just to set the record straight, I have turned down several "coulda been" races because the situation was not appropriate. If the circumstances are not ideal, it's a no-go for me.

But, the times when conditions were ideal, which has not been often, there was no interest.
truth is that with the videos out there Mustangs are not the car to race if you have a stock car. Mustangs are cheap and easy to turn into a monster and with the A10 rep most of your stock dodge or chevy boys know that if you have E85 in that thing its a lost cause.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Jmtoast,

I have considered that often. I think you may be right.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Or you can make a 200IQ move and just race them to the jail to save them the trouble.
Yeah, we had a white charger locally that would refuse to stop and just run every time he got busted haulin' the mail. The local non-pursuit policy kept a chase from ensuing many times. They knew who he was, what his car looked like and where he lived and worked. After about a month of "getting away" the sheriff decided that he was going to stop this time. He got majorly busted, jailed, towed and charged criminally for quite a few things. It's just not worth it.

Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm looking at picking up a c6 and modding it. What are your mods?
At first it was headers and tune. Then a super charger. Be warned on the gas leak problem with the C6's. After 10 years and or 120k miles you are on the hook for the big bill. These tanks are ticking time bombs in most all C6's. The pass side tank seems to be the worse. They had to take my whole rear end off to repair.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
At first it was headers and tune. Then a super charger. Be warned on the gas leak problem with the C6's. After 10 years and or 120k miles you are on the hook for the big bill. These tanks are ticking time bombs in most all C6's. The pass side tank seems to be the worse. They had to take my whole rear end off to repair.
by big bill you mean engine?

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
by big bill you mean engine?
I was talking about the gas tank repair. Some dealers charged 4k to fix the leak. If you buy a C6 with over 120k miles or over 10 years old you will have to pay out of pocket.

My 2013 C6 had the gas tank leak but was covered since i was under 10 years and 120k miles.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was talking about the gas tank repair. Some dealers charged 4k to fix the leak. If you buy a C6 with over 120k miles or over 10 years old you will have to pay out of pocket.

My 2013 C6 had the gas tank leak but was covered since i was under 10 years and 120k miles.
oh Ok.. is that every year of the c6? Seems like they would have caught it early and made changes in later models years

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
oh Ok.. is that every year of the c6? Seems like they would have caught it early and made changes in later models years
Seems to be after 08 the most.
Sponsored