Sponsored

No manual transmission, only 7 speed DCT?

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Finally!
Sharing some Shelby love with the two pedal guys like me.
I can drive a stick, I'd just rather not for my daily driver.
Sponsored

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
You don't need to make a car boring with a DCT to make it fast. Recent Motortrend Porsche tests show that. I suppose it's a millennial thing - let's dumb the car down so that you don't need to practice or have any skill to drive it. That way everyone can get a blue ribbon.
Ha! Hack, come on now, you know better than that! I'd say the target market for this car is not necessarily 100% millennials, and that's definitely not the design requirements for such a choice in transmissions. Look at how many other performance cars of this caliber are using DCT's. This is just a move in the direction of performance. Disappointing that there wont be a manual option (and i technically qualify as a millennial, as much as I hate that), but this is definitely a trend toward better track times, and the next step up on Camaro.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well if all speculation is correct. And it’s 720 + DCT. It may very well kill Demons. I hate to see the 3 peddle cars go away. Just a heritage thing more than anything else for me. But to be considered a world class car. You going to have to have world class technology.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well its a drag themed car. Why handicap it with a manual? Smart move finally.
With brakes bigger than the GT350, 30 aspect ratio tires, a wing out back, and a front splitter?

I'm sick and tired of hearing that this is a drag car. No piece of hardware on the GT500 that we've seen on any mule screams a 1320 slayer regardless if it cooks a killer quarter mile or not.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
wow... lot of people "sick and/or tired" in this thread. Life sure is tough in the automotive enthusiast world.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
With brakes bigger than the GT350, 30 aspect ratio tires, a wing out back, and a front splitter?

I'm sick and tired of hearing that this is a drag car. No piece of hardware on the GT500 that we've seen on any mule screams a 1320 slayer regardless if it cooks a killer quarter mile or not.
please take your facts somewhere else. haven't you heard? the gt500 will add components to the 350 but not increase weight. it will have more power and better 1/4 mile times than a hellcat. it will also obliterate the 1le on a road course. and do so for a base price in line with the gt350r. after all, it IS the king of the road! all of this info is readily available, so much so that you can just write it down and not provide any source. test mules are simply to trick you. the truth lies in random forum posts!

Last edited:

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Personally... I wouldn't have even considered the GT350 if it didn't have a manual. This was the #1 consideration in making my car choice decision.

So the GT500 will be interesting and awesome, but not a vehicle I would consider owning.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone drives differently, it's not a manual vs auto thread, the issue is about not having the manual option at all.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I have no problem with dct only. I'll either get the car or not. it wont be because it has or doesn't have a manual. total metrics combined will determine if I buy.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I'm driving a Hyundai with their 7 speed DCT and don't like it. 1st gear is too jerky. A regular auto would be so much smoother. Didn't Ford already experiment with DCTs on some small cars, the Powershift - er, Powershit - transmission and it didn't go well?

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Personally... I wouldn't have even considered the GT350 if it didn't have a manual. This was the #1 consideration in making my car choice decision.

So the GT500 will be interesting and awesome, but not a vehicle I would consider owning.

^^^^ What he said. :like:

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
A manual GT500 was photographed just a few months ago. So clearly they have some form of a manual that works with the car. Why would they go to the trouble of getting it to work well enough to be drivable on public roads if they had no plans to sell it? Both competitors offer a manual still too, so not having it would put them at a disadvantage.
Source: https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/16/ford-shelby-gt500-manual-transmission-spy-photos-video/
If I recall correctly that same care also had a video and it was clearly not manually shifted which led everyone to speculate all the mules have shift knobs as part of the camo.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A manual GT500 was photographed just a few months ago. So clearly they have some form of a manual that works with the car. Why would they go to the trouble of getting it to work well enough to be drivable on public roads if they had no plans to sell it? Both competitors offer a manual still too, so not having it would put them at a disadvantage.
Source: https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/16/ford-shelby-gt500-manual-transmission-spy-photos-video/
It was a fake. It was said to be a decoy. All this is getting old fast.

Hope you are enjoying your Bullitt Matt.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ha! Hack, come on now, you know better than that! I'd say the target market for this car is not necessarily 100% millennials, and that's definitely not the design requirements for such a choice in transmissions. Look at how many other performance cars of this caliber are using DCT's. This is just a move in the direction of performance. Disappointing that there wont be a manual option (and i technically qualify as a millennial, as much as I hate that), but this is definitely a trend toward better track times, and the next step up on Camaro.
Obviously my post was tongue in cheek. I'm very interested and excited to (finally) see the specs when the GT500 comes out. I bet it will be quick.
Sponsored