joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Tried it out this morning...yup, works great! Definitely a faster shifting method. I didn't push RPMs too high, was only around 6k. Watched the tach while doing it and the RPMs didn't jump during clutch release. Honestly if anything, it felt smoother shifting. Have to try it at a higher RPM.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Tried it out this morning...yup, works great! Definitely a faster shifting method. I didn't push RPMs too high, was only around 6k. Watched the tach while doing it and the RPMs didn't jump during clutch release. Honestly if anything, it felt smoother shifting. Have to try it at a higher RPM.
Did your RPM’s jump up at all when depressing the clutch? No nibble at all during the shift? Can you grab us a quick video of your shifting next time out? Thanks

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I am being thick here, but why would a computer controlled NLS stress the shift forks any more than a human controlled quick traditional shift ?

WD :like:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Maybe I am being thick here, but why would a computer controlled NLS stress the shift forks any more than a human controlled quick traditional shift ?

WD :like:
I agree. I think it is the arm attached to the hand pulling the shift lever, coupled with the brain within one’s head that tells the arm and hand to force it into gear during a lockout situation. Once that happens, it can and does lead to damage.

Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I’ve tried it on a couple different occasions, but my brain will not physically allow me to push in the clutch without lifting my right foot no matter how hard I try. Too many 1/4 mile passes I guess doing it the trained way.
YUP! Same way... but I tried it (with great concentration) on my '21 PP1 and in normal mode, WOT I was able to NLS. There was some talk about how NLS is only available in track mode etc... but I was in normal.

Turian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 6 speed manual.
YUP! Same way... but I tried it (with great concentration) on my '21 PP1 and in normal mode, WOT I was able to NLS. There was some talk about how NLS is only available in track mode etc... but I was in normal.
Same here. I don't have PP1 or PP2. I have a 2021 GT CS manual. I can NLS in normal mode. Not sure about the other modes, still breaking her in, so I haven't really been using them yet. My car is Race Red..I bet that's why. Lol.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ford advertised that on the 2018+ cars and it is t there (at least on the 18-19). If there are any Ford engineers on here reading this, please talk to your peeps and have them authorize the affected year model ownera to bring their cars into any Ford dealership and have the ECM flashed to add NLS.

Turian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 6 speed manual.
Ford advertised that on the 2018+ cars and it is t there (at least on the 18-19). If there are any Ford engineers on here reading this, please talk to your peeps and have them authorize the affected year model ownera to bring their cars into any Ford dealership and have the ECM flashed to add NLS.
I had a 2019, it was indeed not there. In addition, this 2021 seems to be built better. Less rattles and squeaks. It also shifts smoother, no grinding or feeling of rowing through mud and rocks between gears.
Sponsored