Sponsored

No driving a manual does not make you smarter, more skilled, a better driver or more of a car guy.

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It’s got an iPad and electronic thruster booster sounds... face it boys we are riding in covered wagons :cwl:
Sponsored

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lol at the auto guys justifying their purchase under the premise that “it’s faster”...
Here‘s a list of manuals that will wipe the floor with most of them. The fact that they cost about half as much as an S550 makes me wonder why if “being fast” is the goal, they didn’t just do it properly?

74D632CB-5289-4F44-A1D2-02109B97729C.jpeg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What I find most interesting about this list are the dates. No progress in almost 45 years.
Spacecraft have gone a lot quicker. The new X1-B experimental plane craps on all of those figures, but it's unmanned. And NASA have done some testing with advanced scramjets that were running pretty impressive mach figures. The tech to make a human go faster has developed along since then, it's just been found that putting the human at those speeds was no longer necessary or desired.

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
We all know the rise in popularity of automatics was because people are lazy. End of story. :crackup:

motorcycles are much quicker and still manuals.. yes planes are “automatics” and even faster... a rocket ship is even faster! A sailboat is a “automatic” and it’s slow as shit. I’m sure that big ass ship that got stuck in the canal was an “automatic”

The auto guys love their autos and the manual guys love their manuals, who the fuck cares, we are all driving Mustangs, so we all look a bit more handsome then the dbag driving the Prius next to us.

If you drive a Prius and I offended you, good.

Sponsored

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I fully agree with you. Mustang's are great. Even electric Mustang's. The Mach-E just isn't a Mustang. Put that drivetrain in a proper fastback, and you have my attention. Maybe not my sale just yet, but definitely more appealing than the Electric Karen Mobile.
Ya I’m starting to see those things almost daily now.. :frown:

I’m with you on the electrification, even go as far to think an awd option would be sweet.

We can sit here and debate till the end of time about the auto vs manual, but honestly good on Ford for giving us the option.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ya I’m starting to see those things almost daily now.. :frown:

I’m with you on the electrification, even go as far to think an awd option would be sweet.

We can sit here and debate till the end of time about the auto vs manual, but honestly good on Ford for giving us the option.
Yep, options make life exciting. It actually shocks me how high the manual take rate on the GT is though, apparently it's right around 50% most years. That's massive in the current automotive market.