No CEL for knock sensors unplugged?

Dom1232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey guys random thing happened. I drive a 17GT. I’ve been running a FBO E85 setup with a ported 18 manifold for about 6-7 months. I’m switching to a Paxton supercharger, OPG, and a few other fun things and was getting my new tune file ready and I was going to start prepping for the install tomorrow and thought I should run a baseline datalog and clear any codes. Long story short I had two codes for no knock sensor 1 and no knock sensor 2 (something like that) but I’ve never had any check engine lights. So I ran a baseline datalog and my knock sensor reading was a flat 0 throughout all gears lol. I immediately checked the wiring and sure enough I must have cracked one of the harnesses on install and my knock sensor plug had come loose. I fixed the harness and now they’re functioning normally without issues lol. Is this normal to not have a CEL? I know they weren’t turned off by the tuner. I was running E85... god forbid I had a bad tank without knock sensors.... the car has always ran beyond strong so I assume no damage? I will be doing a compression test on install regardless. I just wasn’t sure if anyone else had seen this before or what possible issues I may have caused I know it’s pretty rare to detonate NA on E85
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I had one come unplugged. It took the car a couple of hours of steady driving before it threw a CEL. Short drives didn't cause the light to come on.