Sponsored

No Cal & So Cal Member Summer Meet & Cruise **Sunday 7/31**

Where would you like to see the Meet & Cruise?

• Cambria w/ Local Cruises

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Pismo Beach w/ Local Cruises

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Morrow Bay w/ Local Cruises

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Cambria w/ Cruise to Monterey

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Meet & Cruise in July

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Meet & Cruise in in August

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Meet & Cruise in September

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Meet & Cruise 7/23-7/24

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Meet & Cruise 7/30-7/31

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Man I'm kinda pissed off. Friday my boss calls me and tells me I might have to work that weekend because we are opening another call center for our company and I must be there. I requested that weekend off a month ago. Tomorrow I will be talking to him but looks like only way for me to go is if I quit. Doesn't sound like a bad idea

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Man I'm kinda pissed off. Friday my boss calls me and tells me I might have to work that weekend because we are opening another call center for our company and I must be there. I requested that weekend off a month ago. Tomorrow I will be talking to him but looks like only way for me to go is if I quit. Doesn't sound like a bad idea
That totally sucks. I guess saying "I already booked a hotel" would not work, either :(

(Incidentally, Cox Automotive is hiring in the LA area, and I am resigning from my current job to start working at Manheim (the car auction house) in Oceanside. :D There are all types of positions open if you want to take a look https://jobs.coxautoinc.com)

Last edited:
OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Not going to make this one. Have fun everyone!!!

[MENTION=17927]Goflight2[/MENTION] you're referencing Hearst Castle correct?

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)

[MENTION=12065]BrazukaV8[/MENTION] That sucks! :frusty: Hopefully your conversation goes well today :cheers:

Sponsored

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
Thanks Dennis and Michelle. I am not sure yet if I can make it there in time for the 1:00 tour. But I will be there sometime in the afternoon. It is getting closer and really looking forward to the meet!

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Based on our drive time, heading south from Sonoma County on Sat morning, and wanting to get checked into our hotel room, we are going to do the The Upstairs Suites tour at the last available time 5:50 pm Sat the 30th. I don't know if this time will work for anyone else, but there were 11 more tickets available.

Dennis @SC_Ruby , has there been a meeting time/place set yet for the drive north from Cambria Sunday morning? I skimmed through the thread, but couldn't find anything. Thank you!

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
So I talked to Hearst Castle and we can qualify for group rates if we have over 15 people. I will need to get a head count of how many people actually want to go on the tour on July 30th around 1p. The rate is $22.50/adult and $10.80/child.

There are two tour options;

1. The Upper Level: This is limited to 14 people per hour tour, so our group (if more than 15 people) would be split up.

2. The Grand Rooms: This tour is limited to 52 people per hour tour, so our entire group could go together.

In your response I need the number of people in your party (adult/child) and which tour you would prefer. The sooner you can reply the better. Once I have the 15 person minimum I will pay to lock in our group and you can pay me when you see me on Friday/Saturday.

Thanks!

If you have room for two more, the wife and I are in!

Thanks,
Chris

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Dennis and Michelle. I am not sure yet if I can make it there in time for the 1:00 tour. But I will be there sometime in the afternoon. It is getting closer and really looking forward to the meet!

[MENTION=7895]navair133[/MENTION] Thanks Fred, fully understand. Keep in touch as you know better about your time of arrival. Another member [MENTION=15644]96MUSTANG06[/MENTION] is doing the upstairs tour at 5:50 pm if you wanted to do that with him??

Whats this castle tour?

[MENTION=11685]Need4SpeedMotors[/MENTION] some of us are getting together Saturday afternoon and doing a tour of the Hearst Castle and then most likely going over to the coast to a spot that is known for seals, then most likely a cruise through the local mountains?? We are trying to get a group rate and buy tickets next day or so. If you think Edagr and you would be interested let me know as soon as you can. Thanks :cheers:

http://hearstcastle.org/

A group are going to check out Hearst Castle on Saturday

[MENTION=22273]Brometheus[/MENTION] :cheers:

The wife and I plan to make this. Coming from central CA. Is there a place to meet from the valley ?
@1ceazymach1 looking forward to meeting you and your wife. Are you coming down for the meet & cruise on 7/31? I know some of the NorCal people are meeting in San Jose early on 7/31 (see post #275) That's probably out of your way. I also know some of the 831Heat car club from Salinas is meeting and cruising up but not sure where they are meeting. Best bet may to put a post of the flyer and see if anyone else in your area is cruising out?? I already sent the Nor Cal flyer to you, Ill send out theSo Cal flyer as well on IG.

Based on our drive time, heading south from Sonoma County on Sat morning, and wanting to get checked into our hotel room, we are going to do the The Upstairs Suites tour at the last available time 5:50 pm Sat the 30th. I don't know if this time will work for anyone else, but there were 11 more tickets available.

Dennis @SC_Ruby , has there been a meeting time/place set yet for the drive north from Cambria Sunday morning? I skimmed through the thread, but couldn't find anything. Thank you!

[MENTION=15644]96MUSTANG06[/MENTION] Thanks for the update. Pretty sure we are trying to hit an earlier tour so we can do some site seeing afterwards. For the Sunday morning cruise up to the meet from Cambria, we are going to need to leave early to get there by 8:00 am. I'm looking at leaving at 5:30 am and taking the 101 up which we should make better time then going up Hwy 1. Have not set a meet place yet. I will be sending out a PM to everyone confirmed going with my cell number so we can get in touch up in Cambria and coordinate final details. Most likely Friday when I'm up in Cambria I will scout out the meeting spot for Sunday departure. :cheers:

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
If you have room for two more, the wife and I are in!

Thanks,
Chris

[MENTION=16750]Redcruzer[/MENTION], Awesome we'll pick up two tickets for you :cheers:

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang #1869 (Kona)
[MENTION=7895]navair133[/MENTION] Thanks Fred, fully understand. Keep in touch as you know better about your time of arrival. Another member [MENTION=15644]96MUSTANG06[/MENTION] is doing the upstairs tour at 5:50 pm if you wanted to do that with him??

[MENTION=11685]Need4SpeedMotors[/MENTION] some of us are getting together Saturday afternoon and doing a tour of the Hearst Castle and then most likely going over to the coast to a spot that is known for seals, then most likely a cruise through the local mountains?? We are trying to get a group rate and buy tickets next day or so. If you think Edagr and you would be interested let me know as soon as you can. Thanks :cheers:

http://hearstcastle.org/

[MENTION=22273]Brometheus[/MENTION] :cheers:

@1ceazymach1 looking forward to meeting you and your wife. Are you coming down for the meet & cruise on 7/31? I know some of the NorCal people are meeting in San Jose early on 7/31 (see post #275) That's probably out of your way. I also know some of the 831Heat car club from Salinas is meeting and cruising up but not sure where they are meeting. Best bet may to put a post of the flyer and see if anyone else in your area is cruising out?? I already sent the Nor Cal flyer to you, Ill send out theSo Cal flyer as well on IG.

[MENTION=15644]96MUSTANG06[/MENTION] Thanks for the update. Pretty sure we are trying to hit an earlier tour so we can do some site seeing afterwards. For the Sunday morning cruise up to the meet from Cambria, we are going to need to leave early to get there by 8:00 am. I'm looking at leaving at 5:30 am and taking the 101 up which we should make better time then going up Hwy 1. Have not set a meet place yet. I will be sending out a PM to everyone confirmed going with my cell number so we can get in touch up in Cambria and coordinate final details. Most likely Friday when I'm up in Cambria I will scout out the meeting spot for Sunday departure. :cheers:
Dennis, there is a good potential meetup spot just down the street from our hotels (Moonstone Beach Dr./State Park). On Google maps it shows as Leffingwell Landing State Park. I don't recall a gate when we drove through there on our way back up north, and there is no charge. Tons of parking and a really great photo spot. We could probably fit 30-40 cars in there. Just an idea:shrug:

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Dennis, there is a good potential meetup spot just down the street from our hotels (Moonstone Beach Dr./State Park). On Google maps it shows as Leffingwell Landing State Park. I don't recall a gate when we drove through there on our way back up north, and there is no charge. Tons of parking and a really great photo spot. We could probably fit 30-40 cars in there. Just an idea:shrug:

[MENTION=22678]Kona1869[/MENTION] Michelle, looks perfect :thumbsup: I just checked it out on Google maps and it doesn't look like any type of gates :cheers:
Sponsored