Sponsored

No ambient lighting on GT500s?

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Not a lot of info about this I could find, but I was sorta hoping that our cars would have the same ambient lighting available on GT Premiums that is customizable, whether it be part of the tech package or just standard on the GT500.

However as far as I can tell from messing around with MyColor and the car's settings I can't find it anywhere. I looked in the door handle pockets and there definitely is a light housing there, does this illuminate at least a white color at night? Haven't taken her out at night yet. Call it gimmicky but I missed that function in my 2SS, and I know we have the fully customizable digital gauge cluster which is beautiful btw.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Sadly, that's not the case, amigo. But, if you're industrious and, handy...@marklboris installed some killer lighting in his and I imagine a forum search will bring up his posts and photos. For anyone considering this, re-visiting that thread will be worth your time.

OP
OP
Skwibbs

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly, that's not the case, amigo. But, if you're industrious and, handy...@marklboris installed some killer lighting in his and I imagine a forum search will bring up his posts and photos. For anyone considering this, re-visiting that thread will be worth your time.
Oh well, thanks for the reply man. That really has been my only real disappointment with the car so far, and really it's a minor thing. The car is absolutely awesome.

I have had another little issue, the AC vent on the top of the passenger door by the window vibrates/rattles above 78mph or like 4k rpms. I assume it's just a little loose because the driver's side doesn't do it, and the rest of the car is super solid. I'm hoping that to tighten that up they don't have to take off the whole door card.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Yes, strange they didn’t include ambient lighting in the tech pack, but if you want just one color, they make full interior LED kits for S550s.
And I have to complement you on that sweet pic of your Kona snake, that color is hard to beat in the sun!
-J

OP
OP
Skwibbs

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, strange they didn’t include ambient lighting in the tech pack, but if you want just one color, they make full interior LED kits for S550s.
And I have to complement you on that sweet pic of your Kona snake, that color is hard to beat in the sun!
-J
Appreciate the compliment, couldn't agree more of course.

About the lights, I may just look into that, was thinking red to match the FP door sill plaques, brake calipers, taillights, and my FP license frame. Although those clear/black euro taillights are tempting too.

Will read up on that thread you mentioned when I have more time too KB.

Still have my fingers crossed for an easy fix for that vibrating door air vent. Once I get into contact with a local dealer I'll be servicing at (hear great things about Mullinax Apopka) I'll ask them about it.
Sponsored