Sponsored

No aftermarket jack & spare kit for the PP?

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
I figured one of our enterprising vendors would have something put together by now but I have not found it.

Would really like a Jack & clamp kit so I could just throw in a spare front & be good to go.
Sponsored

bmiles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt convertible
I don't have a PP car, but I had the dealer order the spare/jack for me. It cost about $200. So I have the compressor and the spare in my trunk. I imagine they should be able to order one. I would suggest maybe going to the ford parts site and ordering one for a non pp car.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I doubt there is a spare that both fits over the PP brakes and fits in the spare tire well in the trunk.

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I doubt there is a spare that both fits over the PP brakes and fits in the spare tire well in the trunk.
Then why would it be an option???? I could've ordered it with my pp but chose not to.

Sponsored

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Then why would it be an option???? I could've ordered it with my pp but chose not to.
The option is not available with PP. At least the GTPP, not sure about EB.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
No you couldn't! As soon as you selected PP, the spare is grayed out on the Ford site. At least for the GT, I don't know about the EB.

Last edited:

stretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
With the PP, I would pick up a (relatively) inexpensive tire the same size as the fronts and mount the tire on a (relatively) inexpensive 19-inch wheel confirmed to accommodate the big Brembo brakes.

Another option if I am not a fan of the design/color/weight of the PP wheels and/or the P-Zero tires: replace all four with the aftermarket wheels and tires of my choice and use one of the PP fronts for my spare.

With either option, it would suit me to carry the spare just laying in the trunk. I don't play golf; we have another family-type vehicle for vacations; and the most luggage I will ever have in my Mustang is a couple of overnight bags.

Like the OP, however, I would still need a decent jack to change the tire and I don't want the jack rattling around loose in my trunk well.

Sponsored

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
No you couldn't! As soon as you selected PP, the spare is grayed out on the Ford site. At least for the GT, I don't know about the EB.
Hmmm i must not have noticed that then. My bad!

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
You get roadside for free...you don't need no stinkin spare tire :).
... No. Roadside assistance taking you to the nearest tire shop to wait around for them to order a tire (which can take a couple of days) while you're hundreds of miles from home isn't an attractive option.

OP
OP
USPSALIMITED

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
With either option, it would suit me to carry the spare just laying in the trunk.
I'm hoping I can improve over 'just laying in the trunk' somehow. Maybe something like a spare front sized (I will have a summer & winter tire & wheel set when everything arrives so that takes care of the spare front), and a jury rigged arrangement that uses (hovers over) the spare tire well in the trunk and a longer J bolt somehow.

OP
OP
USPSALIMITED

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
... No. Roadside assistance taking you to the nearest tire shop to wait around for them to order a tire (which can take a couple of days) while you're hundreds of miles from home isn't an attractive option.
You read the fine print :).

Road side assistance sounded like a good deal until I read the part that says they really aren't much help if you do not have a spare.

Yellow15Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT on order
There are previous threads discussing this.
The actual problem is with the size of the GT Performance Package front brake assemblies.
The normal Ford spare will not fit on the front.
One answer might be to buy a regular Ford spare but be aware that it will only work on the rear. If a front tire blows, you would be forced to remove a rear tire and move it to the front and then using the spare for the rear.
This would allow you to drive 40 or 50 miles at low speed.
The questions with this are twofold.
Will the temporary spare would match the rolling diameter on the rear well enough to keep from hurting the rear end internals?
Will a rear tire/wheel fit properly on the front or will the wider wheel bring on interference between the tire and front fender?

Another option would be to find a usable tire/wheel combination that will fit over the front brake assemblies and be close enough to the correct rolling diameter to work and also to fit in the spare storage compartment.

Here is a thread where that was discussed
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9329

One of the posts found a real live permanent 20" tire that looks like it would work, presuming the rolling diameter is close enough.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...QR0EP500&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

The problem comes with trying to find an economical wheel that would do the trick.
If you could find a low dollar 20" wheel that would fit the narrow tire and also fit the PP brake assemblies, you would have the problem solved.
Sponsored